Monday 4 November 2019

03.11.2019 - Shiplate Farm



Todays meeting was at Shiplate, with a very disappointing turnout of only  11 members due to one reason or another. It was a very wet start on arrival and the clouds were very grey with a slight drizzle in the air.


The mood lightened after a few cups of teas and chats with other anglers from other clubs fishing on Westpool and the improvement of the weather turning from drizzle to sunshine and very little breeze.


After collecting the fees and the fishery choosing the pegs the draw was made for the golden peg which was peg 12 today. First to draw was Danny and he drew Peg 10, I managed to get my mitts in the bucket next to pull peg 13 which I was quietly happy with. On a few occasions I've seen Mutant George pick out some good bags of bream from here.


Dettal picked out peg 7 which he wasn't too impressed with then he drew for Queenie and pulled out peg 1 - another flyer for Queenie.


Draw


1 - Queenie
4 - Shane
5 - Pete the Pratt
7 - Dettal
8 - Bob Pascoe
10 - Danny
11 - Grumpy John
12 - Tungsten Dave
13 - Callum
14 - Mutant George
15 - Mario Tony


Mario Tony got another great draw on favoured peg 15 and if he won today would have been 3 in a row. George was as happy as George could be with his draw on 14, his favoured side of the lake and a bream heaven.  Danny was on 10 which has been producing well recent times and was tipped as a flyer by the locals.


I set up cage feeder to fish ground bait with banded dead reds for the bigger bream mid lake and a 10m line straight in front. The problem I find with this lake if you don't get the feed right then the large carp soon come in over is and I though Id set up a carp line to my right where I fed it corn and meat so If I could catch silvers I would have a line primed for the carp.


On the hooter I went straight out on the feeder and a few little knocks but after half an hour I had nothing. George to my left had already had 5 little skimmers so I though that and all out attack was on the card. I cadded in a full cad pot of casters and went over the top on double reds. Soon the flock dipped and I had a skimmer and every put in for the next 2 hours I had fish. I was positively feeding small balls of ground bait and flicking caster over the top and kept catching to the end of the match however the last hour did slow a bit. I did lose 4 bream of around a 1lb or so when I must have just nicked the lip and as I was going to net off they slipped.


I could see over in peg 1 that Queenie was catching a few and Detall had a big carp on the tip when he finally decided to fish close to the island rather than close in.


Shane with nothing next to him in swims 3a and 3 so was casting to his right over to the island. I'm sure on several cast he was closer to Mutant Georges swim than his own. He did pick off a few carp from this unruly method.


So after the glorious sunshine that I was fortunate to be sat in all day the all out was shouted and I knew that Id be close to George as I was getting some quality bream compared to his little ninjas and the weigh in began.


Results


Overall


1st - Steve King     - 88lb - 03 oz
2nd - Tony Newell - 84lb - 11oz


Silvers


1st - Danny            -  27LB - 13oz
2nd - Nigel Coram - 24lb - 11oz


Well done to all who attended the match and made the effort, full list of results below. Sunday 11th will see us return to Trinity. Please contact Shane or Steve warren to book you spot if you've not already informed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment