Thursday 27 June 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 26th June Avalon

This is my penultimate match as adjutant of Dad's Army, and thirteen of the lads were on parade. We were at Avalon today, and that great guy Ron was looking after us, doing the pegging and  assisting with the draw.   I have to say it's people like Ron who makes our venues popular, he has a sense of humour, and plenty of good advice.   From Dad's Army "thanks Ron"

I collected the loot and the draw was made, the Golden Peg eleven went to Aqua Man.   I had ten with Mustard to my right.   There was plenty of chat, Ant Bear must wear his tongue out, every day, Ritchie reckons he must bathe it in WD40 every night, as he never stops
Good to see Lockie with us today, it was a first for him; I think he would have fitted in well with us old gits.   The downside was he got in the money, and suffered lots of abuse and threats, but it was all in good fun?

Back to the match, and as always, it was corn over ground bait for me at this time of year at Avalon
Fishing five sections in front, and 4 to 5 inches over depth.    In the first hour I had a cracking Tinca Tinca around four and a half pounds in the net, plus some bits.   Kev and Mustard both both started well, catching carp early on, but sadly for them it did not last.

I could see the Nasty Old Sheriff catching some good bream, and I was in fear for my nugget, I thought "more tears".   I was having a good day catching proper bream;  I was hopeful but not over confident.   Would Danny's worms beat my corn?


The day ended in warm sunshine and Ron started the weigh with W.O.2 Bill  19lbs 8ozs of scaleys, next Tungsten 27lbs 7ozs of silvers.   Aqua Man had 28lbs 4ozs well done that man.   My silvers were a total of 34lbs 4ozs    Mustard had 20lbs 9ozs of mostly carp.   Danny looked a little worried, but he won the silvers and overall with 35lbs 2oz,   I thought "just one more fish for me"

Lockie was the best of the rest with 34lbs 2ozs.   It was a good clean match and the results are below.

Today was our second blind pairs match, it was won by Mustard and Lockie with just 1oz separating them from Bill and Dan;  it was a great match.

         Our last match next Wednesday is at Summerhays, so let's have a good turn out and one to                                                                    remember.

                                                                        Bob (Adjutant)


P.S.    Dad's Army were K.O. from the Super Cup...The match was tied on points, but was decided on total weight.   Well done the team, it was another good performance by Dad's Army.



                                                             



                                                                 



1 comment:

  1. Does this mean Wednesday matches will be no more from next week?

    ReplyDelete