Thursday 6 June 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 5th June Trinity Woodlands

Trinity Woodlands was looking good today.    Bend It and I  had a quick shifty before I selected the pegs.   Thirteen of Dad's Army fished today, and they all turned up early and raring to go.

I completed the money bit, and we made the draw; peg 12 was the Golden one today,   Ant Bear got lucky again, which was two on the trot , and he reckoned he would empty it today!! we had heard it all before.  I drew peg 10 with Tivi and Bend It on either side, so plenty of chat with Mike, who started on the wag.    I decided to fish with just top four, plenty of ground bait, and sweetcorn on the hook.  Tivi went on the dark side, fishing just for scaleys using paste. 

Everyone was ready, so I shouted all in at a quarter to ten and battle commenced.   My second fish was a carp, which came to the surface, said good morning Bob, and jumped into my landing net.  This was quite strange as I generally struggle with lumps like him.

The first hour was slow as usual when fishing corn, but it got better as the day passed.   Bend It was struggling, he changed to the pole without much success.   There was plenty of chat coming from Tivi  and Ant Bear to my left, also a lot of splashing and elastic pulling.

Across the lake I could see plenty of fish being caught, with The Nasty Old Sheriff denying even having a bite.   Tonto was doing his usual imitation of a Buddhist monk, with arms folded meditating, but not catching.   I could see Baz netting silvers, and Ninja heaving in the vermin, I reckoned the results could be quite interesting and hopefully close.

Time for the all out, I shan't  dwell on the weigh in, only to say George failed on the Golden Peg again, I reckon his tongue is his main problem.   The full results are below, and it only remains to thank Trinity for and excellent venue, and we look forward to our return.

         Next Wednesday it's Sedges Brick, which is fishing its tits off.

                                                            Let's do it.

                                                                    Bob (Adjutant)

                                                             

                                                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment