Thursday 13 June 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 12th June Sedges Brick

We fished Sedges Brick today,  and fourteen of Dad's Army were on parade.   Although the weather forecast was all doom and gloom, not a drop of Adams fell on us! which was a pleasant change Ha! H!, seeing it should be flaming June.


Jamie and Denise made us very welcome with hot drinks.   The fishery was in top condition: I do have some idea how many hours work per day and per week it takes to achieve this.  I know it's the same where ever we fish, and I would say a big thank you to all.

The lads parted with their pensions all claiming poverty, but I think I know differently.   The pegs were sorted, the Golden Peg being 15, which went to Dick.   I drew 10 with Tungsten to my right, peg 19 was empty.   At ten o'clock it was all in.

I had just made up just the one top kit plus two, and fished corn over ground bait straight to the front.  One might say cheap and lazy, or just another case for Age Concern?   We had two Simons fishing today, and it was not long before Garb was caching good fish.    Next to him was Flo (the dog) and  Spod, brother of  Tonto, he slept for two hours, then caught a heap of scaleys.

Tungsten next to me was having a good day with skimmers, and it looked as if  I would be joining the also-rans.     I had very a good days fishing with my mates, and at the weigh in 51lbs 8ozs, which was not nearly good enough

Ninja did it again with 123lbs of mainly carp.   Richie was second overall with 97lbs.   Simon Garbutt won the silvers with 29lbs 4ozs and Bend It second with 25lbs 4ozs.

 Considering the weather and the spawning, the weights were very good, which showed how well stocked Sedges lakes are.

       It's Borrow Ponds next Wednesday, this is a silvers venue, so let's get on it.

                                                Bob (Adjutant)


                                                     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment