Thursday 20 June 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 19th June Borrow Ponds

We visited Borrow Ponds today, it was the second time at this venue.    The lads and guests were ready to part with their dosh.    Beaker selected the pegs, and number 28 was the golden one, which was last in the hat and went to yours truly.

The draw was completed, money sorted, and so off to the swims for a shifty.   The Nasty Old Sheriff and I were on the top bank.  My swim looked great, but looks can be deceiving as I found out after six hours of unrewarded effort..   I would like to have been able to persevere and catch some of the tench and bream that reside in these ponds, it just needed more favourable conditions.

The final call for all out came, but I had't a clue how my mates had faired.   The signs were not good, when Danny said,"put me down for a D.N.W"

Mike and I collected the scales and started with him 6lbs 10ozs, and myself 3lbs 14ozs, which had been hard earned.    The best weight came from the fancied peg 12, where Brian our guest put 20lbs 1oz on the scales.   Ant Bear weighed 8lbs 2ozs for second, W.O.II Bill had 6lbs 9ozs , but there was nothing more of interest to report.   Full results below.

        Next Wednesday it's Avalon, and we will fish our second Blind Pairs then. It's all good craic.

                                                                      Bob (Adjutant)

P.S.   On Saturday we fish our second round of the Super Cup, so it's fingers crossed for a good                      result!

                                               
                                       
                   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment