Sunday 7 October 2018

Landsend fishery 7/10/18

 
Landsend fishery 7/10/18 match lake
 
I met Martin in mac ds in Street as Di didn't open the café as we didn't have enough to make it worth while .. which was a shame as I love the full English there but I had to make do with a breakfast wrap instead …mmmmm not!
 
Mike said it would be hard today as we had a frost and loads of rain on Saturday but should get some bites … Winters coming but looking at this weeks weather it is going to be 24 mid week !!!
 
Anyway we Only had 11 today so plenty of room so Mike sorted out the pegs and Shane collected the money and Danny sorted out the paper work and we got under way  … I didn't mind what peg I drew today but if I could choose it would have been 1-12 or 18-19 ..
 

 
So into the tub of dreams and I pull out peg 22 !! not what  I wanted But a good silvers peg but I would wait to see who got what pegs before I made up my mind on what to do .
 
my home for the day (peg22)

 

I could see George (best silvers angler in the club) on peg 1 and Danny (Pinocchio baits) on peg 19 … So I set up a silvers rig and mixed up some ground bait but I wasn't sure if I was wasting my time !!!! I also set up 3 carp rigs 2 with banded pellet and 1 to fish with maggot/corn/worm ….
 
I had Shane on peg 24 and Roger (Hovis baits) on peg 21  also the golden peg today was peg 5 and Richard drew it. So at the all in I fed a pinch of micros a meter of the far bank and started on a 6mm banded pellet then I looked at Roger (Hovis baits) who was playing a carp within 10 seconds !!! then he had carp number 2!! I was thinking the writing is on the wall …  Then that man  Danny (Pinocchio baits) was playing a carp !!! So I was thinking they wanted a munch so I fed another pinch of micros and put on 2 maggots and went back out to the far side and after 5 minutes I had carp number 1 then did the same again and had carp number 2 and I was thinking  here we go and then I had Mr carp number 3 … then that was it !! I was thinking have I fed to much ?? I must have fed 60 micros ..So started a new line but I could only catch 1 or 2 then I had to move and start a new line again it was hard work  .. I only had one carp in the track all day and didn't have a carp in the margin!!!!!!
 
Roger Only had 3 carp and chucked back at 3.30 also Shane had 2 carp and some silvers and also chucked back … so a hard day but I could see George (best silvers angler in the club) catching also Mike and Danny( Pinocchio) looked like they both had a few !!!
 
So we packed up and my mate Lord c (octopussy baits) came down from peg 11 to start the scales on peg 1  and he said he had a crap day and also chucked back !! and he is no mug!!
 
So we started the scales on peg 1 with George (best silvers angler in the club) and he had 7-3 of white bait and 34-4 of vermin for a total of 41-7 then it was Richard on peg 5 and he had 3-9 of silvers and 23-2 for a total of 26-11 then it was Tony Fry (silver fox) on peg 8 and he chucked back .. then it was Lord c who also chucked back !!!!!!!!!!! Eric on peg 13 had 2-0 of silvers and 23-6 for a total of 25-6... Paul (Paxo baits) on peg 15 went for the silvers and  put on 4-11 and he also in no mug so it shows how hard it fished today !!.
 
Then it was Mike on peg 18 and he had 36-11 of carp then that man Danny (Pinocchio baits) on peg 19 who had 10-15 of silvers and 33-14 of carp for a total of 44-13 … Roger had a DNW then it was my turn on peg 22 and I had 65-15 … and lastly Shane on peg 24who also had a DNW..
 
So a hard day, but it was nice and dry and it was a laugh talking to Roger about all things Bridgewater ! well Phil aka the Guru tart !! as he is on his hols again but as this is his 4 one this year we think he might be a drugs mule...because he comes back and then spends another £5000 on new fishing  gear !!! only joking Phil!!
 
1st overall  s king peg 22  65-15
2nd overall George (best silvers angler in the club) peg 1 41-7
 
1st silvers Danny (Pinocchio baits) peg 19 10-15
2nd silvers Paul (Paxo baits) peg 15 4-11
 
So well done to all and a big thankyou to George who help all round Mr nice guy  Paul (Paxo baits) back to the car park with his kit !! and if you read this Paul I hope it all goes well this week mate ….
 
Next Sunday we are at the sedges and I think there are 4-5 spaces left so if you want to fish then please phone Tony fry (silver fox)
 
Have a good one!!
 
Danny with his winning silvers net on peg 19

 

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment