Thursday 18 October 2018

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 17th October Viaducts Campbell

It was another Wednesday and sixteen of Dad's Army were looking forward to our match on Campbell Lake at Viaducts.  The weather was quite warm with light winds, but very cloudy.   Junior Badger Matt was looking to our needs; he selected the pegs to be fished, and drew the Golden Peg 129.

We welcomed Titch as The Wizard's guest, and  Ross who was fishing on a Wednesday for the first time this year;  he drew the Golden Peg, jammy old git!!   At the draw George got peg 116 and was complaining, apparently it produced 300 lbs of carp at the last match, he was not happy?   More bad news, I drew 115 next door to him, so no peace for me today, but I did have Tivi to my left, which was good.

At the all in, I had mixed enough ground bait to fill a maggot box, and I had half a pint of red maggots plus a tin of sweetcorn in reserve, so bait complete.  My intention was two lines, one in front  at six sections, the other to  my right.   So only two rigs, but hopefully I would only need one.

From the off I was catching small fish, but dropping off fifty percent.   I could see everyone else catching, but not too many carp.   George was having a good day, but denying everything, and The Sheriff was also doing well.    I was falling way behind, so I tried for larger fish with corn.   This produced a bream and a good skimmer, then nothing, so I kept feeding and back to the maggot.     

It was a pleasant day, the fishing got better, and I felt I might have a chance.   At the all out Matt started the weigh with Baz 53lb 15ozs of carp and 2lbs 10ozs of silvers, not his cup of tea.  Next Tonto 27lbs 14ozs, then the Golden Ross with 30 lbs 3ozs of carp.   Danny had 20lbs 6ozs of silvers.   Bill the Paste wining overall with 100lbs10ozs, then onto George who weighed 20lbs13ozs of silvers, just beating Danny, so he was a happy bunny.    This was not for long, out came my silver net and the scales read 23lbs 6ozs,    Oh how I enjoyed taking their nuggets for the silvers win.

             Our thanks to Viaducts, Matt in particular, we look forward to our return next month on Cary.

                       Full results below.

                            Next Wednesday it's Avalon, so come on lads lets be having you. No malingering.

                                                         Bob


                                                                     


                                                                     




                                                                           
                                                                                                                                                                                                       

 



No comments:

Post a Comment