Sunday 14 October 2018

14/10/2018 sedges Tile lake


Sedges  14/10/2018
 
 
 
I would like to say sorry for having no photos today but I got my new phone this weekend and  because it didn't stop raining for most of the day it wasn't coming out from my Gore-Tex  … anyway I woke up and it was pissing it down in Frome and  it didn't stop until 14.30 hrs ...oh joy !!!!
 
So after meeting martin in mac ds in Street and making our way to Bridgewater I was a little disappointed to find that we had 17 booked in and only 11 turn up !! there again looking at the weather I think they made the right decision … so after messing around with the pegging and pools Danny (Pinocchio baits) got the draw under way and said that the golden peg was peg 23 … so I was 1st into the bucket and got peg 23!! not a peg that I thought I could win from on the carp front but Rob had 30lbs of silvers from it a few weeks ago !! saying that he is class at catching silvers and I am crap !! anyway I mixed up some ground bait and added some micros and dead reds to the mix  .. also I made up a carp rig and 2 tip rods …looking around I could see Danny's nose pointing at me from peg 39 also George (best silvers angler in the club ) on peg 33 and today he was the silvers winner again  with 32-7 !! pure class!!!
 
Brian was on the best peg in the south west aka peg 40 !! and I also thought and did martin (octopussy baits) on peg 35 would have a good chance ..and he did as he won today with a great net 135-12 and as I was on the golden peg every time he got a fish I thought he was waving at me with joy  but now thinking about it I think he was calling me a w**ker!!! 
 
 
well how did my day go ?? well I had 2 skimmers on the silvers line ….ouch!! so went for the carp and had a few on the tip and the rest on the pole but it was hard going holding 13m of pole as the wind was a nightmare and shipping back was a pain in the arse!! as it was so wet my section didn't want to come apart .
 
I just beat Simon and tony  into 2nd place  and that was only luck as I foul hooked a 14-8 carp .. 
 
Sorry the blog is short but sweet today but I need to sort out my wet gear …and how can you write a blog about a fishing match when there are only 11 people !!  
 
The winners today were
 
1st overall Martin (octoopussy baits) peg 35 135-12
2nd overall s king peg 23 97-10
 
1st silvers George (Best silvers angler in the club) peg 32-7
2nd silvers Danny (Pinocchio baits)  peg 39 13-10
 
Next week we are at Emerald pools .. not sure which lake we are on so please ring Phil (he is back from his holidays on Tuesday ) ..
 
have a great week
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment