Sunday 21 October 2018

Emerald lake 21/10/18

EMERALD POOLS "EMERALD LAKE" 21/10/18
 
 
We had Emerald lake today and with 14 booked into this match it was just the right amount of people as pegging can be a problem on this lake due to the trees … Anyway me and lord C went on our merry way and pegged out the lake .. Shane collected the pools and sorted the cash side of things ..so thankyou mate as it is job that no one wants to do ..
 
The millionaires club !!!  I wasn't  in the photo as I am just a poor postie!!
 
 
We put 5 on the far side, 6 on the car park side and 2 on the island ..and I wanted  a peg on the far side to be honest or the island pegs as I wanted to go for silvers as there are loads in this lake but hang around on these pegs ..
 
 
Phil the guru tart told us that the golden peg was peg 17 (we did put 17 pegs in just in case more turned up) and Terry got his pinkies on it...I went in the hat of dreams and pulled out peg 16 !! It was the 1st peg to the right of the island pegs and looked ok but it was a bit of a bird cage and in the last 2 hours it was full of leaves which was a nightmare !!
 
My home for the day … peg 16
 
 
Looking around  could see those 2 silver boys (Danny and George) on pegs 3 and 4 !!! how do they do it !!! also Simon was on peg 1 which looked good …Tony Fry was on peg 5 and that man Eric was on the end peg on the far side (peg 6) which I thought he would win from as he had a lot of room and it looked a great tip peg and as he is "great on the tip " he would be hard to bet!!  on the island pegs I could see Tony N and D.T  so again both hard to beat …
 
I set up 2 carp rigs and also a tip rod to fish to the reed to my right also a silvers rig just incase I was sat on a shed load of silvers!! I had ground bait, micros and maggots and corn !! to much choose TBH .. oh yes and some worms !
 
At the all in I fed some micros over to the far side line and some ground bait on the silvers line and then chucked out the tip and after 30 minutes I was still waiting for my 1st bite so I went out on the silvers line and had 5-6 skimmers ..I could see the boys on the far side getting bites and also D.T on 15 getting a bite a chuck … so it was going to be a long day !! so I went for a walk after a hour  and Shane on peg 13 was in the same boat as me !! Roger on peg 12 had 2 carp and that boy Lord C on peg 11 had 9 carp !! he said he had 4 in the first 15 minutes !! and looking over I could see Eric on peg 6 who also had 10 carp !! so I went back with my tail between my legs and skipped the silvers rig as those boy over the far side were getting one a chuck … small ones but still 1 a chuck !!
 
over the next 2 hours I had 2-3 ore carp over towards the far side but it was hard going  then I had a night mare as I hooked and lost 7 in a row!! so I went for a walk again and lord C and Eric had slowed up but I was still well behind them both ! .. hour number 4 and I seen Eric go to his van and pick up another net !! And I was thinking there's the winner then !
 
I had a good last hour and I think I had 8 carp but it was a hard day but the sun was out and it was dry which was a bonus!!
 
At 4 o'clock the guru tart did his 2nd job of the day  and called the all out his first job being calling the all in …. so I  packed up quick time to help with the scales . We started on peg 1 with Simon and he had  10- 5 of silvers and 9-10 of carp for a total of 19-15..
 
Then it was the big guns !! first George on peg 3 (best silvers angler in the club) and he had 11-8 of silvers and 28-12 of vermin for a total of 40-4
 
Then on peg 4 it was the next top silver boy !! yes it was Danny (Pinocchio baits) who said he only had 15-0.... mmm I was thinking and looked at his nose and I am sure in looked like it was a inch longer!! anyway he had 22-12 of white bait and 22-8 of vermin for a total of 45-4

    
My My Danny your nose looks big ….again...
 
 
Next up was my mate Tony Fry who had a great day and had 2-8 of silvers and 47-3 of carp ….. it must have been solid!! for a total of 49-11 (joking Tony) 

 
 
Drum roll please !!! Eric was next on peg 6 and he said after a great start it went a bit pete tong .. but he still had 58-11


 
Then it was over to our side and it was the cleanest man on the complex !! yes it was Shaun !!who did well from that peg and he had a total of 38-7.... oh yes and a cleanest seat box …cleanest pole...cleanest reels...cleanest rods...cleanest net bag....and a new van which was very clean ..
willy Wonka holding the cleanest carp in the lake..
 
 
Onto peg 10 and it was the loudest man in Bridgewater !! yes it was Phil the Guru tart … who had 16-8 .. and was handing out £1 coins faster than his car wash was taking them in !!
 
Phil the guru tart!!
 
 
 
Then it was my mate Lord C who also started like a rocket but also ran out of pace but still plonked on 4-12 of silvers and 41-10 of carp for a total of 46-6 ..
 
Pure class!! Lord C (octopussy  baits)
 
Roger on peg 12 packed up and went home  and Shane had a hard day on a crap peg but still had 5-2 of silvers …
 
Tony N had a DNW on peg 14 and then it was D.T on peg 15 who had 11-7 of silvers and 13-15 of vermin for a total of 25-6 ..

 
Top bloke D.T with a nice net of white bait ..
 
I was next and had 2-0 of silvers and 41-13 of carp and tbh I was happy with that from that peg.. and the last to weigh in was Terry who had 2-12 of silvers and 18-5 of carp for a total of 21-1
top man Terry .. 

 
So the winners today :
 
1st overall Eric peg 6 58-11
2nd overall Tony Fry (silver fox) peg 5 49-11
3rd overall Lord C peg 11 46-6
 
1st silvers Danny (Pinocchio baits) again!!! peg 4 22-12
2nd silvers George (best silvers angler in the club) peg 5 11-8
3rd silvers D.T peg 15 11-7..
 
So a big well done to all and looking at the sheet it was a tight match .. next week we are at Viaduct fishery and it is Campbell lake  so if you want to fish please give Phil a call ..have a good one!!!
 
 
 

 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment