Tuesday 25 September 2018

Trinity Waters 23/9/18


Trinity Waters "woodlands" 23/9/18


Wet Wet Wet !!! Got  up at 5.30 and in Frome it was lashing it down and I was thinking why ? why do we do this ? but when you have a fantastic venue like this it worth getting all your gear wet …anyway I  got my car loaded, made a flask and grabbed my Gore-Tex and boots  .


Made my way to mac Ds in Street and had a bite to eat and it was still raining then me and martin made the 20 minute trip to Bridgwater ..I  spoke to Eric and gave him his worms and he went on his way … Then a few started to turn up and their looks said a thousand words, then Phil said that we had 16 booked in but by the time we got to the draw 4-5 went on their way due to the wind and rain so there was only 11 ..

Looking from peg 2


Anyway Tom sorted out the pegging and Shane sorted out the money side of things and we got under way ..I got peg 8 in my mitts and I handed Danny (Pinocchio baits) peg 15 (flyer!!!) and made my way to my peg ..Martin (octopussy baits) had a end peg again and I said I will take a photo of the winning peg before we started … but would I be right!!



Looking from Lord c's peg

I wasn't sure what to go for today so set up a silvers rig, a paste rig (didn't work) and a slap rig and also a deck rig and last but not least a pellet feeder ….

Tony shouted "All in" and off we went .. I started on the slap rig and all I could get was roach !! so onto the deck rig and I was getting line bite as I would strike and then hook carp mid-water so back out onto the slapping rig and hooked 2 in 2  and was thinking "sorted" but that was my lot on the slapping rig as the wind changed and it went a bit iffy !!! Then my problems started as I hooked good carp but they go under my platform and we would part company !!! 5 times!!! but I still had a few and enjoyed the day ..

The sun came out at 12 and dried my gear so that was a bonus but I was fishing for pride only today as I could see Tony N  and Martin both catching carp well and next door (well 4 pegs away ) D.T was catching one a bung (silvers) and I was sure Danny would be doing the same on peg 15 ..


At the all out I had a carp on so I was a bit late packing up so Tony N and Lord C started the scales on peg 6 with John who went of silvers and plonked on 14-10 ...I had 78-10 on peg 8 ...D.T had a great weight of silvers and had 50-5 and also 18-14 of carp for a busy total of 69-3 ...Tony Fry (silver fox) on peg 14 had 75-3 ...Danny also had a great day with a busy 34-14 of silvers and 36-4 for a total of 72-2 ..next up it was Paul (Paxo baits) on peg 23 who had 9-14 of silvers ..Shane on peg 24 had a D.N.W ..muppet!! Brian (HMRC baits) on peg 27 had 40-5 ..Then it was that man George !!! yes the best silvers angler in the club !!! who had fish like a machine all day and said he had 2681 fish for !!!!!!!!!!!! 21-4...….next up it was Tony N who had 86-10 and lastly it was Martin (octopussy baits) who had a nice day and caught 108-2 to take the win!! Man that boy is class!!!

So the winners today :

1st overall  Lord C (octopussy baits) peg 33 108-2
2nd overall Tony N peg 31 86-10

1st silvers D.T  peg 12 50-5 …. well done !!
2nd silvers Danny (Pinocchio baits) peg 15 34-14

D.T with a great net of silvers (50-5) ..well done that man !!

Sorry old photo (shiplate farm) but he said he wanted his photo on the blog !!!
anyway this super star had 108-2 of carp ..

Danny (Pinocchio baits) on peg 15 with 34-4 of silvers




Tony N on peg 31 with 86-10 of carp


Next week we are at Viaduct ..I think we are full but speak to Phil just to see if there is a space see you there !!!  Steve










..


No comments:

Post a Comment