Monday 10 September 2018

HLS Away day Hillview 9/9/18

Hillview 9/9/2018
Well it was that time of the year again and the HLS crew had a sort tip up the M5 to Hillview Lakes, Twyning, Tewkesbury …  We only had 14  turn up which was a real shame as the club was paying for the 2 lakes but what pools money we put in the pot would be paid out in full !!!
Well I was the first one to turn up and had a walk around and the owner told me that we had lake 3 and 4 booked so I went and had  look ..



Anyway I could see loads of carp in the 1st pegs on each lake so if I had to pick a peg this would be my choice … when I got back to my car I put out my nets and then Mike turned up and he said there are loads of f1s in these lakes so it would be a learning curve for us all as we don't have any venues in Somerset that have loads of f1s in them so it could be a tricky day .

I had  a bite to eat in the café  and we decided to put 7 on each lake and pay 1st overall and 1st silvers so the owner sorted the pegging out for us .

Danny (Pinocchio baits) sorted the boards etc and we got under way .... I got peg 79 which meant bugger all to me  and made my way to my peg which was Canal number 3 .. I was a bit gutted not to get a corner peg but that's life ...

On my lake we had Mike on peg 69 , Dave on peg 71 ,Stan on peg 73, D.T on peg 75, Shaun (Willy Wonka) on peg 77 which was also the golden peg , me on peg 79, Colin on peg 81..

First thing was to make some paste from the fishery brought pellets so I put some hot water over them and let the water do its magic !! I then set up  4 rigs, 1 for over to the far side (never used) a deep rig, a slap rig and a margin rig

We started at 10 and I went out on the 2+2 line with the slap rig and had 1st chuck and was thinking this is easy !!!! Then I had 10 Rudd and a few more f1s and that was my lot for the in the first hour . Next door on peg 81 Colin was having a great time getting a carp a chuck and I was thinking the writing was on the wall also Mike and Stan both started well ....

Anyway I went onto the paste line and started to put a few fish in the net but I still kept feeding the 2+2 line hoping it would work .. 3rd hour in and it just died on me again as it went flat calm  and  both me and Colin struggled for the next hour ..with 1 hour left I went onto the shallow rig with maggots and had one a bung but would it be enough?? 

We  started the scales on peg 69 and Mike had 2-7 of silvers and 52-13 of carp for a 55-4 , Dave  was next on peg 71 and had 1-14 of silvers and 34-5 of carp for a total of 36-3, Stan on peg 73  had 3-15 of silvers and 53-13 of carp for a total of 57-12, D.T on peg 75 had 4-4 of silvers and 24-14 of carp for 29-2, Then it was the big gun !!! Willy Wonka on peg 77 who only went for carp and had 57-13 to go into the lead and could win the golden peg !!!!!!!!! by 1 oz !!!!!! anyway I was next on peg 79 and I had 4-12 of white bait and 90-0 of carp for a total of 94-12 ..... sorry Shaun !!!!!!!! and lastly Colin on peg 81 had 45-9 of carp ...

So I won overall on this lake and D.T had picked up the silvers as you can't win both!!!!


Over on lake 4 it was a close contest with Lord C (octopussy baits) on peg 84 putting on 117-9 .. George (best silvers angler in the club and with his new eyes) on peg 86 had 10-4 of silvers and 83-5 of carp for 93-9, Shane on peg 88 had 5-10 of silvers and 33-12 of carp ...  Simon  on peg 90 11-4 of silvers and 105-11 of carp for a total of 117-9 !!! next up was Tony Fry (silver fox) on peg 92 4-4 of silvers and 26-2 for a total of 30-6 .. next up was Tony N who had 15-13 of silvers and 40-13 for a total of 56-10 and last but not least it was that man Danny (Pinocchio baits) on peg 96 who had 11-11 of white bait .

So the joint winners were Lord C and Simon with 117-9 so well done to them both !! and the silvers was won by Tony N with 15-13 ..




So a big thankyou to all who turned up and thanks to all that helped ... Next week we are at Shiplate farm (main lake) see you there ...






No comments:

Post a Comment