Monday 17 September 2018

HLS Shiplate Farm 16/9/18


SHIPLATE FARM
So this week we were back to the fantastic venue "Shiplate farm" and in my view it must bee one of the best fisheries around and I love the place !!
We had the main lake booked today and had 17-18 booked in but by the time we got to the draw we only had 13  as a few were sick etc .....
Before the draw me and Martin (Lord C) had a look at the lake and we could see carp on the end of the island on peg 3 and lots of carp in the pegs 1 and 15 and with the wind blowing hard into these pegs I was thinking the writing was on the wall; so a draw here was a must !!!
Sorry old photo  ..looking from peg 9

Anyway I paid Shane my pools and had a chat with a few guys and Steve and Carol said it has been fishing well but the weights have been a lot less now that the weather has changed.
 
The golden peg was drawn and it was peg 4 so a great silvers peg but not to sure about carp but you never can tell, and it all depends on who got peg 1 and 15 in my opinion.
 
So at the draw I got my hands on peg 5 which I seen was second on the cost cutter on Thursday with 18lbs so I was already thinking of a silvers day BUT I was waiting to see who got pegs 1,15 ……..
 
Well I had to laugh as the 2 biggest tackle tarts got there hands on these great pegs so we had £25000 of guru and Daiwa gear on peg 1 (Phil the guru tart) and £25000 of Preston gear on peg 15 (willy Wonka aka Shawn) and it looked like a trade show; you got the love them !!
 
So I made my way to peg 5 and I could see that man Eric on golden peg 4 and also Tony N on peg 6 also looking over to the far side I could see a few silver guys .. Lord C on peg 11, sausage on peg 13, and the main  man Danny (Pinocchio)  on peg 14B!!!!  so I  was thinking I was up against it as peg 14 won the silvers in the cost cutters match … oh yes and we had the best silvers angler in the club on peg 3 and with his new pair of eyes and a big ego and he was going to empty it today  … well that's what he told me but there again he tells me that  every week !!!
So, I set up 4 pole rigs :
1 rig for the silvers long
1 rig for silvers short
1 slap rig just in case I went for carp
1 paste rig for carp
1 rig for banded pellet long for carp
and a pellets wag rod ...not sure why !!!
Bait wise I had corn, dead reds, expanders, micros, and ground bait (Sensas lake)
 
At the all in I put a small amount of corn and micros on the 13m line and 2 balls laced with micros and corn  on the 2+1 line and went out on the banded pellet rig at 13m just to see what would happen and looking over peg 15 (willy Wonka) was playing his first carp  of the day....silvers it is then... so I put a ball of g/b on the 13m line and started on the 2+1 line and had a few small skim bobs and after a 15 minutes I could see my 13m line fizzing so I went out on the corn and bumped 3 in a row then had one about a pound then another about the same size .. so stuck with it for the rest of the match … I could hear Eric catching next door and I also could see willy Wonka on  peg 15 slowing down but there were fish being caught so a good day for most ….at the all in I thought I might have 40lbs of silvers and on the plus side I only had 3 carp all day which was good ..
 
We started the scales on peg 15 with Willy Wonka but we had to wait 10 minutes as he had to get the fork truck up the path way to move all his kit back to his van. Anyway he put on 87-13 and I thought he had more but with the guru tart on peg 1 he might get 1 or 2nd. Danny (Pinocchio baits)
on peg 14B had 20-15 of silvers, Kev on peg 14 put on 3-14 of silvers and 14-2 of carp for a total of 18-0..roger (Hovis baits) n peg 13A had 4-4 of silvers and 42-2 for a total of 46-6.. next up was all round Mr nice guy "Paul" (Paxo baits) on peg 13 and he had 16-0 of silvers, Shane on peg 12 had 51-2 ….Then it was Lord C (octopussy baits) on peg 11 and he had 25-1 of silvers and 46-14 of carp  for a total of 71-15... Tony on peg 6 chucked back, me on peg 5 well I had 41-12 of silvers, Eric had 6-13 of silvers and 69-14 of carp for a total of 76-11...………….. Drum roll please it was the "best silvers angler in the club on peg 3. Well he had 25-14 of silvers and 9-14 of carp for a total of 35-12 , D.T on peg 2 had 12-2 of silvers an 16-9 of carp for a total of 28-11 …….And then it was peg 1 well all I can say it he looked good if nothing else ….the guru tart lost loads and put on 43-5 ..I did tell him to fish stronger but you can't educate pork!!
 
So the weights were down but still plenty of bites and I would say winter is coming ..
 
1st overall - Willy Wonka peg 15 87-13
2nd overall -  Eric peg 4 76-11
 
1st silvers - Steve King peg 5 41-12
2nd silvers - George, "The best silver angler in the club" peg 3 25-14
 
Next week we are at trinity waters so book in with Phil the guru tart failing that just turn up !
have a good one …


 


No comments:

Post a Comment