Thursday 6 September 2018

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 5th September Avalon

We were at Avalon on the moors today, this is one of my favourite venues.   Ron was seeing to our needs, and I must say he keeps the fishery in pristine condition.   I think he knows how important it is to have large well made platforms, and the lads would like to say a big thank you.

There were just a dozen of us today, but it was competitive, with a lot of fish caught.   All the money was collected, the pegs selected, and it was time for the draw; 17 was the Golden Peg, and the Nasty Old Sheriff got lucky again!!   The air was blue with blasphemy aimed at the mentioned gentleman?

George was back today with new eyes, and there was no peace, this guy just can't keep quiet.   He reckons no one can beat him now he can see his float,  WE will SEE!!   He drew a good peg today number twelve with Tungsten to his left, and myself on his right, so it was game on.

All the talk was that Danny must be beaten, preferably with a piece of 4x2, but the Golden Peg must be preserved   Before the start I looked at George's tray, it was meat, corn pellets, and a large amount of ground bait.   I decided to fish caster and corn, which I generally have some success with on this water, and as close in as possible.

It was all in time, I started feeding in front, and just a few caster down the side to my left.   I started fishing down the margin with caster on the hook, while feeding all the time in front,   After catching a few roach, it was time for larger specimens on my main swim.  I prepared for the wait eating a doughnut and pork pie

Bill the Paste, on my right, meanwhile was catching from the off, and if at all possible, making more noise than George..   After an hour I had one good bream and a few bits.   The second hour produced a nice golden tench.   The corn and caster did not seem to be working, so against my better judgement I switched to double maggot, and got lucky with a 4lbs Tench, and another bream.    My day was slow with ten decent fish and some bits, but the weather was fine, and the company good even if a little noisy.    Another great days fishing.

Ron was in charge of the scales and he started with Rich who weighed in 104lbs 14ozs.  Sausage had 13lbs 2ozs of silvers, then Danny with 14lbs silvers, would he be caught?? Tungsten had 65lbs 9ozs, Next it was our bionic man George who weighed 15lbs of silvers and was all smiles   I was next and as I lifted my net out of the water it felt good,  I was quietly confident,   The scales do not lie, and the man never beaten by the next peg was hammered again when Ron said 21lbs 15ozs.   Bill had two overweight nets, so could Bend It do the business?   His net came out and it was close, he had 21lbs 8ozs of silvers.

The drama was not finished with Ninja yet to weigh with two nets of scaleys, again it was tight, and the result was a draw with another 104lbs 14ozs.

   Another good match, well done everyone.   Full results below.

                 Next week it's Shiplate and there are a few places left...Speak to me,

                                          Bob



                                                   


 








No comments:

Post a Comment