Tuesday 4 September 2018

Sunday 02-09-18 - Viaduct Cary

Now then...... I apologise for the lack for quality on this blog cos the King Postie is having a rest, just back off his hols and concentrating on winning another pot of gold!!!

Being the local rep for this fishery, I can only say thanks again to Steve, Helen and Matt for your wonderful services and accepting the HLS crowd.

I was late on parade and found that the 'Match Secretary'.... Mr Tart, had gone AWOL...... at the mistress house again, Phil?
So, we carried on and 17 turned up with a spring in their stride and money in their pocket, well 15 quid.

Draw time and Lord C let me have first dibs.... Peg 78.... yahoo, silvers here I come. Mr Bowyer fished this peg in the cost cutter so I asked his advice. His info is available for a small fee...... However he did say that I was to beat Danny on the golden peg, 96. Ok, thanks for the challenge!!!

At my peg I was told to plumb all in front and notice the change in depths. Having found the deep water, I decided to go simple and fish pellets and corn over some nice smelly, sweet, groundbait.

After 45 mins the pellets baits caused finicky bites..... switching to corn was the answer. I got regular bites from quality skimmers and Bream. I caught steadily until the last 2 hours.

I had Mr Casting Carp on my left, Roger Coombes, who was hoping for a snooze at midday. However, his tactics kept him awake. Switching between pellet and worm, he had to stay awake and fill 3 nets. I could see Danny on the golden peg and he was catching regularly. Could I stop him from getting the money.

Please don't pay too much attention to the score sheet cos John Bradford needs to go to Spec Savers and learn to put the right figures in the correct place!!

The winners, picking up the money this week were.....

Overall
1st - Roger Coombes - 125lb 10oz
2nd - Martin Western - 86lb 15oz

Silvers
1st - Danny - 39lb 10oz
2nd - Dave Tunstill 32lb 6oz




No comments:

Post a Comment