Monday 16 July 2018

Summerhayes 15/07/18

 
 
Summerhayes 15/7/2018 long lake
 
 
18 booked into todays match so we would have a bit  room well peg 1 did as it had 3 pegs empty to the right and 5 to the left so that's the peg I wanted !! I paid my pools to Shane and had a chat to the guys and it looked like it would be another hot day in the sun …
 
 
 

 
 
the golden peg today was peg 15 and I was thinking it might go today as it can be a great peg anyway we did the draw and I was gutted to find peg 21 in my hand !! but on the plus side I was the only person who would have shade all day as I was under the trees on the m5 motorway side ..so I would see all my mates  cook !!!
 


 
peg 21 ..in the shade all day ….
 
On the way to my peg I asked the regulars on the other lake what peg 21 was like  and I was met with
a smile and told it won a match once !!! so when I got to my peg I got onto the phone and spoke to the best all round angler in the club aka Lord C !! had a moan and the got a plan in my head … silvers it was then ..
 
I had 2 tarts to my left (the guru tart and willy Wonka) and the silver fox to my right so great company and lots of piss taking ..
 
the guru tart on peg 23 ..cooking !!
 
I set a paste rig for the track also a dibber rig for over the mud line  and a silvers rig also for the track
and a tip rod ..
 
At the start I put some wetted micros and corn on the silvers line and started over on the mud line pinging 6 mm over the top and had a fish within 5 minutes but I was only a pound then I foul hooked and lost 2 more and by this point willy Wonka was catching well on the tip so I put a bit more micro and corn on the silvers line and chucked out the tip rod onto the mud line as I was spooking them with the pole above there heads (only 10" deep) and had one within 2 minutes and had 34lbs in the first hour on the tip ..so the silvers line was scraped and put a big cup of 4mm pellets on the silvers line which I would now make into my paste line and kept topping this up every 20minutes for 4hours and would look on this in the last 2 hours to see if I would get the bigger carp … I was doing ok from what I could see so just got my head down and had a steady 4 hours on the tip and I looked at my clicker and I had 100lbs after 3.5 hours so went to get some nets and had a chat with the guys on the road side and I could see Eric catching from peg 11 ..and also Danny (Pinocchio baits) was doing the what he does best and was catching silvers …
 
The last few hour I spent on the paste rig and had some better fish so a busy day but a little cold in the shade!!!
 
Danny (Pinocchio baits) and john started the scales on peg 1 with billy no  mates roger (Hovis baits) who had nobody to talk to all day !! who had 46-11 next was brain (HMRC baits) who was 300 meters away on peg 7 who had 53-9 ..next on peg 9 was graham who had 16-7 then it was that man Eric on peg 11 who had a great net and put on 106-6 ..pegs 12 13 15 chucked back john on peg 17 had 4-8 of silvers  then tony fry (silver fox) on peg 19 had 5-12 of silvers and 22-10 of carp ..me on peg 21 had moaned 194-6 on the hook next  the guru tart on peg 23 had 6-5 of silvers and a carp for a total of 10-8 ..willy Wonka on 25 had a clean box and also 33-8 of carp ..kev had peg 27 and plonked on 25-1 ..George (best silvers angler in the club) on peg 29 (a great silvers peg !!) had 4-2 of white bait and 38-2 for a total of 42-4 ..D.T on peg 31 had 43-12 and Mike on peg 33 had 60-14 and lastly on peg 35 it was Danny (Pinocchio baits) and the by far the best silvers angler in the club … (that's what George said) who had a great net of silvers and plonked on 17-5 and also 16-12 of vermin for a total of 34-3 … Shane on peg 37 chucked back as he was so concerned about Roger (Hovis) baits) on peg 1 being by himself all day as he was 300 meters from him ……
 
 
The winners
 
1st overall s king peg 21 194-6
2nd overall Eric peg11 106-6
3rd overall Mike peg 33 60-14
 
1st silvers Danny (Pinocchio baits) peg 35 17-5
2nd silvers The guru tart peg 23 6-6  "I will need to check "
3rd silvers "silver fox" peg 19 5-12
 
Next week we are at the sedges so please book in with the guru tart ..
 
We are going to Hillview fishery in Tewkesbury on the 9th sept for our club away day (paid for by the club) so if you want to go please speak to the guru tart asp as we need numbers.. looking on there web-site I thought it would be good to put up a list of there rules ..also if anyone who reads our blog is from that  part of the UK could drop me a email  with tactics/size of fish etc… that would be great  .. and i will pass this info on to all my fishing buddy's !!! NOT … I think we are on a canal lake ..but not sure which one .. 
 
hlsangling2017@gmail.com ..   thanks
 
I had a long drive back home from Bridgewater to Frome and it was the first time this year I had to put the car heater on and heated seats as I was that cold!!! see you Sunday !!!
 

Match and Fishing Rules for Hillview Lakes

  1. All nets should be stretched out in car park on arrival.
  2. No stink bags/net bags to be taken out of car park onto pools.
  3. Nets should be stretched out behind peg before match and only placed in the lake 5 mins before the match starts.
  4. There is a strict 75lb net limit, anything over 75lb will see the whole net disqualified.
  5. Loose fed pellets must be fishing pellets bought on site.
  6. Pellets must be fed in pellet form and not soaked; water on and straight off is ok to ensure they sink
  7. Paste must be made from fishing pellets only and must be lowered in and not cupped.
  8. Maximum 2 tins of meat to be used with a minimum 4mm cube size.
  9. No method or pellet feeders to be used.
  10. No pellet cones
  11. No fixed rigs
  12. Barbless hooks only with a max sixe 12
  13. No floating baits, no hemp, no bloodworm and jokers and no groundbait
  14. No pulling out/ cutting down bankside vegetation
  15. No additives to be added to feed, bait or paste

 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment