Thursday 26 July 2018

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 25th July Trinity Woodlands

We were at Trinity Woodlands today, Misha was not available, so it was a DIY job.  The guys started rolling in,  the final count was eighteen which included two guests.

I selected the pegs,  all the business was completed and it was time for the lucky dip.   Peg thirteen being the Golden Peg today, which was drawn by Mustard.   When there were two left in the hat  I got nine, Spod who had a senior moment occupied seven, when he made his way from Sedges!!

Everyone seemed happy, with all the normal abuse going on.   I wonder how they find the time  to fish.    I had Spod brother ofTonto to my right, and carpaholic Ninja on my left, they were both after vermin , so I had silvers to myself.

It's very cheap fishing at this time of the year; I'm a sweetcorn fan with ground bait.   This was fished at five sections, where on this side of the lake it gets a few inches deeper, and the difference of success or failure.

I gave Flo, dog of Spod,  her biscuit, then I shouted all in.   So I stuck to my plan, and prepared to wait.  There were big splashes either side of me within minutes, so it promised to be a productive day.   I had three skimmers and a roach in the first hour.    My day progressed with more of the same all on corn.

Four o'clock approached, and I was not looking forward to the weigh in.   I had seen a lot of fish caught, and Danny was not on parade today to help me.   I packed up and got on with it.  I started with John who had just 11lbs15ozs of silvers, next Spod with 55lbs15ozs, then myself with 30lbs13ozs  of silvers and a carp.    Then the work started Ninja 132lbs12ozs, Alan 81lbs6ozs, Bill our guest 166lbs3ozs.  Well done that man    I had to bring in a ringer to beat Eric.

There were lots of fish caught today, on a venue in pristine condition, by a great bunch of blokes. I raised my glass to you all in the evening.

       Next week it's Shiplate Hawthorns, with Danny in charge for this match.
                      Please ring him on 01278457022.

                                          See you soon


                                                        Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment