Thursday 12 April 2018

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 11th April Viaducts Campbell

It was eight o'clock, and the rain had stopped!!! when I arrived at Viaducts to fish Campbell with Dad's Army.       There were thirteen P.F.Cs on parade today,  Matt was looking after us, so everything ran smoothly.

The pegs were selected, with the Golden Peg 118, which was drawn by the Wizard, who was not quite so reluctant to part with his money today.   The draw was completed and everyone made off to the lake, leaving me in peace to sort the money.

It was good to see brothers Tonto and Spod here today, thankfully there was some distance between their pegs.   I was happy to be left with peg 112 as I had done well on this before.   When I got to my peg I found it was already occupied by Daffers the Duck who was sitting on her nest of eggs.   Not wanting to disturb her, I resolved to go about my business quietly!! setting up on on the platform which juts out into the lake.  The method today was a single red maggot on a twenty hook; no ground bait, just feeding maggot, caster, and soft pellet by hand.    Two swims, one five-six sections straight out, and the other four sections to my right, soft pellet being my second option for hook bait, simple.

All in and a little bait to each swim.   At the first chuck, out came the elastic, and after a struggle a ten pound carp was in the net.   My day got busy with tench, roach, skimmers, and the scaley varmints   I got quite optimistic.   Daffers sat watching as my pole passed to and fro past her for the whole of the match, I was thinking, she must be very impressed.

"Not So Simple" was doing well across the lake, and Boy George had his tongue out!!  so I was very surprised when the Sheriff from the next peg on. packed up early saying he couldn't catch, this was very unusual for this very good angler.

Time goes quickly when one is enjoying oneself, and all to soon it was all out and Matt started the weigh in.   There were some very good catches today, The Wizard won overall and the Golden Peg with 91 lbs 14 ozs  and I got silvers with 40lbs 3ozs.

The weather was kind, and I had good intelligent company all day; thank you Daffers, and all you other blokes.   I look forward to next Wednesday and more of the same.  Trinity is the venue.

               Come on get busy and make it ring.

                                               Bob








No comments:

Post a Comment