Thursday 26 April 2018

HLS Angling Dad's Army Sedges Tile Wednesday 25th April

Dad's Army visited Sedges Tile on a day noted for its heavy showers and cold wind.   I must say this only affected one bank, the other, pegs 21 to 30 sat in perfect comfort, no prizes for guessing what I drew

There should have been fifteen of us today, but our tragic hero Kev fell down the stairs after a nights skittles, he must take more water with it;  I hope he didn't damage the stairs!!  I spoke to Archie his dog on the phone, he said it was a right howl, or was it hoot.

Back to Sedges,  Jamie selected the pegs, Denise made drinks, and the business was completed.  Everyone wanted the low draw, but 50% had to suffer.   Big Bird drew the Golden Peg number 33, I had 37 with Boy George saying as usual  "I never get beaten by the next peg" to my right, and peg 38 empty.   Ninja, the carp expert was on 39, and halfway through I got a shout, he had broken his landing net, could I bring him mine!! to land another of his barbed minnows.

I was happily catching fish from the start, even if I was freezing my cobblers off, with George  doing okay fishing meat next to me.   Bend It, Sheriff and Rob, were all just up from me;  I knew a good weight would be necessary, so I kept my head down.

The day passed and I shouted all out.    I thought I was in with a chance, but George reckoned the Golden Peg would go, and the Sheriff would take our nuggets;  that Bolton Wanderer does talk a lot of CARP!!

I had the board and we started weighing on the holiday makers bank, where the two top overall weights came from, pegs 29 and 30.  Next to weigh was the Wizard followed by the silvers boys. Rob was leading with 25lbs 8ozs, but I saved the Golden Peg with 31lbs 12ozs and was top silvers.

       Our thanks to Jamie, the venue was in top condition, with plenty of fish to be caught.

               Next Wednesday its another great venue at Avalon.

                                Come and get it.

                                                 Happy Days

                                                              Bob


                                         

       

No comments:

Post a Comment