Thursday 24 November 2016

Wednesday 23rd November 2016 - Sedges Brick Lake

Fifteen of Dad's Army were on parade , they all passed muster smartly turned out.   Tea and coffee was drunk,  while Treasure and I did the business.   Jamie selected the pegs, and Denise the Golden Peg number 10, and we were all set for the draw 

Tonto got lucky drawing number 10, but Spod, brother of Tonto, said we had nothing to fear, and Flo his dog barked in agreement.

So off to our positions, I drew peg 12, with Baz to my right and Brian the Wizard on my left.  I chose one pole rig for straight in front, and a ledger rod, ( which I had a job remembering how to assemble).    I shouted all in and threw out the feeder, but after three quarters of an hour with no indications, I went for my usual routine.   Another hour passed, and after two pork pies and a large chunk of homemade cake devoured, I got my first bite;  the small roach dropped off, but I was encouraged.   Time passed and I managed a few small fish, then a skimmer about a pound, which I missed the keepnet with (what a wally).


The guys either side were having it rough, but the jungle telegraph told me fish were being caught. The last couple of hours turned out OK, and I ended up quite happy with the day.  I shouted all out and packed up quickly to start the weigh in.  Pete won the silvers with a nice net of skimmers and roach for 20lbs 8ozs.  Treasure played the hog and bagged 77lbs 8ozs of carp.  Well done everyone.  Full results below.

                          Sunday its Sedges Tile, and next Wednesday Avalon,

                                    Keep Fishing


                                            Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment