Monday 14 November 2016

Sunday 13th November 2016 - Landsend

  It was still cold and the prospects not good, but the lads were in good fettle, it's good to have fishing mates like this.  Mike advised us to spread ourselves over three banks, giving us a better chance to catch.  With this in mind we chose the pegs to be fished. At the draw two Golden Pegs were chosen numbers 7 and 36.  Horny tooted and everyone got busy.   George across from me baited up his swim while I just put my rig out 9 metres and started on my doughnut?  I was on peg one, and after half an hour I caught a minute stripey, what a bite!!    George on peg 24 was mumbling about going home early, and Tonto was short of inquiries.   Everyone seemed to be struggling, and later on this was emphasized by some of the lads on the walk. 

At the all out Horny and Steve were doing the honours with the scales.   They started at my peg, and on the scales went my one carp at 8lbs 1oz. Next to my silvers net, I was thinking tops 4lbs,  but on lifting my net everyone started laughing!!! that's when I noticed fish coming out the bottom of my net, I said it's not funny lads I have got feelings, which started another round of hilarity.!!

As the results sheet shows Specie Lake fished the better, although Tony Newell won overall on Match.  I would point out I was second on this lake, even after sportingly letting most of my silver catch free!  Well done Dave Allen winning the silver, the full results are below.

    On Wednesday its Emeralds, followed by Shiplate next Sunday.

                                  Up your Noses

                                               Chair Bob


P.S.    Anyone wishing to fish the Fur & Feather on the 18th December must contact me on 01278683243  before the 1st December, don't forget your tenner!!


No comments:

Post a Comment