Saturday 19 November 2016

Wednesday 16th November 2016 - Emerald Pools

I was first on the scene closely followed by Tungsten, so off we went to select and number the pegs to be fished.  On returning to the car park quite a few had turned up and the final count was 15.   George was wandering around spreading rumours about which lake and swims would fish the best, we all knew he would draw the worst peg and we were not disappointed.   We got all the business done,  I drew last,  getting the Golden Peg number seven, I was happy with that.   I trudged after the rest, I was on the far corner of sapphire with Pete to my right, I expected a lot of banter and a lesson on fishing, he is one of the best.

I had just two rigs fishing in two feet of water against the far rushes.   I knew I would have my fair share of carp, but roach was my objective, which I started catching straight away.   After an hour I was into carp, followed by hours of quiet reflection watching Pete pulling carp through the rushes. One of these he pulled out of, and his bomb flew like and Exocet missile, narrowly missing me,  thudding into the platform beside me.  It's time to take out extra insurance I thought!!!

At three thirty and all out, Sausage offered to weigh, with me doing the board, and others helping. The weights were good,  plenty of 20 and 30lbs, but Paul was top with 64lbs 14ozs.  George got the silvers with 9lbs 10ozs.  I was second with 9lbs 3ozs.  All the top weights came from Sapphire which surprised everyone, but that's fishing.   The full results are below.

                        On Sunday we visit Shiplate, and next Wednesday it's Sedges Brick.

                                        Keep your bait dry and your rods loaded.

                                                               Chair Bob

P.S. Date for your diaries AGM Friday 6th January 2017 7-30 at 37 Club


HLS would like to send its condolences to Jamie and family on the death of his father Les.   We have all had our little chats with Les and he will be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment