Friday 27 May 2016

Wednesday 25th May 2016 - Sedges Brick Lake

Dad's Army at the Sedges on Wednesday 25th May on Brick Lake, all looked forward to a good day's fishing on a fine day.  I was late arriving, due to a senior moment, I left all the paperwork at home, and had to go back for it.   Still no harm done,   Danny collected the money while I spoke to Jamie who sorted the peg numbers.   Denise drew the golden peg number 7.   At nine o'clock the drew was made, and Tonto gets lucky, and the golden money looked under threat.

I drew peg 18, and was more than happy, as I had already decided to have a lazy day fishing short with caster and maggots.   At the all in I cupped in a small amount of mixed loose feed and ground bait, and small fish came to hand quite quickly.   Bend it on my right was catching some weighty specimens, but telling me porkies to the contrary.   I realized I was about 10lbs behind Mike, so it was time to change to sweetcorn on the hook.   This did the trick, and larger fish entered my net, but it was not enough, and I got stuffed by Bend it.

At the weigh in Tonto took 1sr overall and the golden peg with 70ls, while Mike took silvers with 37lbs 4oz. It was noticed Welsh Wizard Brian weighed 3 silver fish, not his usual one, he was also needing some net practice after making a mess of his carp net  HOW MANY YEARS!!!?

Thanks to Jamie for a good days fishing.

On Sunday we will give Combwich Ponds Match Lake a try We are full for that.  Wednesday its Viaducts Match Lake again we are full.

Results below,

                                        Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment