Tuesday 17 May 2016

Sunday 15th May 2016 - Viaduct Fisheries, Cary Lake

Sunday at Viaducts, and its Scary Cary, so,those using a pole beware of the 20lbs plus monsters..  A good turnout with 21 fishing.  A warm welcome to Keith, who was well remembered for his wading antics after a match,  when he went in search of a good part of his pole which was still attached to one of the monsters.

The Badger sorted out the peg numbers, and Treasure paid the fees, so on with the draw.   Tontos first comment was "No good Bob" as I entered his name beside peg 90.   Bolton George was spotted doing a Usain Boult?? Top silver peg on the lake for him.   For me the draw is one of the best parts of the day, watching the faces and listening to the comments.

It was a cracking day weather wise, I drew peg 88 next to Tonto on my left and Woolly Neil to my right, so no peace for me with all the splashing. 

Horny Tooted and the match got underway.  I decided on 11 metres and in close, I brought five different baits.  Starting at 11 a couple of minutes went by,  and I was hanging onto my pole praying for no damage, eventually there was a ping "PING" and my elastic returned into the pole, less rig and dacron .  Looking forward to seeing master Kedge who recommended!!! and kitted up top 2, one bit of luck , the elastic was hanging out of the end, so I tied a crows foot ready for another rig.   So no fish, its loose feed and inside line, and what a nice surprise, a steady flow of fish started entering my keep net.    I was so busy I did not have time to eat my pork pies, but I did manage a couple of doughnuts and a choc bar.

Tonto next door was very noisy,  as was Woolly on my right, but with different results.   Tonto won with 210lbs of BEAST with Neil DNW.

A lot of fish were caught on the day, so a good match. Full results below.

Wednesday its Hawthorns Shiplate and Sunday Landsend



                                                         Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment