Thursday 19 May 2016

Wednesday 18th May 2016 - Shiplate Hawthorns

Dad's Army  on parade, the weather forecast not so good, but we got off light, just a few showers and light winds.

No Treasure today, so I collected the loot, and paid Steve, who selected the pegs to be fished.  The Golden Peg was 3, and Tungsten Dave was the lucky reciprent.   The draw was completed, and we made our way to the bank.  I drew peg 1, and got prepared for carp and losing some gear down in the corner.   My first fish was a carp, so I started fishing to my right and life got better for two hours;  I caught some crucians and small tench mixed up with a  fair amount of carp.

This venue is perfect for our Wednesday matches, as everyone always catches, as was proved this time.  Tungsten just missed out on the golden peg with 70lbs 8ozs Walsall John got 90lbs 6ozs for overall.  Bungalow Barry took silvers with a respectable 22lbs 6ozs.  The score sheet below completes the story.

Its Landsend on Sunday, and Sedges next Wednesday,  Get on the phone for both of these please 01278683243.

                                                                            Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment