Monday 23 May 2016

Sunday 22nd May 2016 - Landsend

The weather looked fine and when I arrived quite a few of the lads were taking advantage of the excellent breakfast provided by Di.   No Treasure today so I collected the money and paid Mike, who had sorted out the peg numbers.   Horney took the 50 pence for the golden peg so job done.   Time for the draw, the golden peg was peg 19 and drawn by Shane Western, who was reminded  what happened last time he drew it, an early morning swim!!!! 

All the business completed  I drew peg 2 so its was off to the bank, set up and ate a pork pie.  In peg 1 was Paul Bowyer mumbling and thinking about the two fish in his new tank at home and what they had cost him.  On my right I had Tungsten Dave, so the competition should be good.   I set up two rigs both for fishing comfortably down the middle track, easy to feed "but not much" hopefully to catch some skimmers and their larger family.

Horny toots and things got going, in the first half hour I had a carp and a couple of small roach, then no bites.   As the day progressed Tungsten was catching quite steadily, and Paul was putting a few fish in his nets.   My day started to improve with the occasional bream and skmmer, and a couple of crucians as a bonus.  At the all out toot, I feel its going to be close between Dave and myself, but I hadn't a clue what the others had done.

So came the weigh in:  its a big thankyou to Beaker Mike Davies for the gift of digital scales, which worked  a treat, especially  as they put me first silvers with 21lbs 3ozs .   Robot Duck Pete took overall with 70lbs plus.

A good day with plenty of crack was enjoyed.  The full results are below.

                             Wednesday its Sedges and Sunday we give Combwich Ponds a try

                                                                           Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment