Monday 15 July 2024

Summerhayes Sellicks 14.07.24

 Well done to all that done this one I did hear it was fishing hard & the results show that..

Well done to all the Framers I didn’t do it so no write up after a mare of a day at Goodiford Mill which I came 4th 

I’ve booked into Sedges so a write up after that day 😎🎣

Steve King did his write up on Face Book so I thought I’d put it up on here for the guys that arnt on Fb 

 Fishing at Summerhayes Fishery in Bridgwater is always an adventure, and this particular trip was no exception. We had Sellicks lake today,the weather started off sunny, promising perfect conditions. However, as often happens with British weather, it soon turned cloudy. Despite the change, I was optimistic as Phil Beards and I did the pegging leaving out peg 1, which is known to be a flyer. And tbh we wanted to make it as fair as we could.


I drew peg 3, a spot that usually promises a straight forward session. I planned for an easy day, primarily focusing on the short pole but also set up the long pole to reach the far bank, and a tip rod as a backup. I was ready for whatever the day would bring.


I started with the short pole, confident in my setup, but to my dismay, I didn't get a single bite. Undeterred, I switched to the long pole, hoping for better luck. Yet, even with the change in tactics, the fish remained elusive. An hour passed without any significant action, and I started to feel the pressure. Looking around, I noticed Lee on peg 8 was catching steadily, which only added to my frustration.


The second hour i had one small carp on the pellet long, I decided it was time for a new approach. Stepping off my box, I reached for the So simple baits RTG Range Chocolate Orange bait. Its rich, enticing scent was my last hope to turn the day around. Given the water's blue tint from the dye Pete had added to control algae, I figured a strong-smelling bait might be the key.


To my relief, the Chocolate Orange bait worked wonders. The previously quiet waters started to yield results, though it remained a tough day overall. While it wasn’t a bountiful catch by any means, the change in bait brought enough improvement to keep me motivated.


By the end of the match,Danny to my left on peg 4 had managed just one roach, and Phil on peg 2 had three carp. And I finished with nine small carp, for 35 Lbs and this was enough to secure second place in the match. Rob Dodd on peg  13 took first place with 45 Lbs  and Lee, despite his strong start, ended up third with 28 Lbs  on peg 8.And the silvers pools was won on peg 23 with 10Lbs by Rob eagle,Second was George with 2lbs ish and Paul Lock was 3 third with 14 ozs ,A hard day and the  lake is out of sorts for sure but I still love it …Sedges next week bring it on !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment