Tuesday 23 July 2024

Sedges 21.07.24

 Sedges today 


The lake with out the islands can’t never remember the names lol πŸ˜‚ anyway I’ve drawn 14 to my left Dave Allen & right P..Dodd straight across not what I wanted to see Steve King, only because we’d both be out on the feeder & who’s gonna take the fish from who ?? 

Basic set up the same as Dave really I’ve got meat - no good today nor anytime so far this year, Gb for down the edge 4m dampen down for the feeder & 8m for feeding & corn.

The wind was straight at us so that made things tricky - short pole for everything.. 

I’ve gone out at the all in & the wind has picked up so feeding the rope isn’t an option, I’ve made the decision to use the feeder to feed to fish & it’s got me two carp over time. 

I’m also doing quick chicks to the rope which has got me some good skimmers.. 

On the pole I’ve dumped in two big pots of corn I do this during the summer it can become very fruitful at different venues today was not a write off with that but the wind was making this tuff & uncomfortable. 

It’s definitely a game of patience today as no one is bagging Dave next to me is on one carp Phill is on a few skimmers, opposite I can see Brian catching a couple Tony’s not doing a lot Kingy catching a few not rocking it tho Eric & Lee look still.

Martin come up behind at 1.30 & said he’s not doing any good & hes going I looked & thought that sounds the best idea all day it was t worth hanging around, the fishing was hard & so on with the wind - I’ve thought if I go now I can prep for Wednesday”s Avalon match 😁🎣

Definitely a game of two parts the afternoon has fished a lot better than the morning the weather cheered up a & made the fishing more productive. 

A few of us are doing the Charity Match at Avalon Wednesday looking forward to it see you next time in a few weeks 😁🎣



No comments:

Post a Comment