Sunday 26 March 2023

Trinity 26.03.23

 Trinity Woodlands 


Today we’re at one of the club’s favorites, I’ve got to say I was looking 👀 forward to it, as always I was first to get there even tho the clocks went forward & I had a late night. It wasn’t long before the car park started to fill.

The forecast was set to be ok with the rain clearing & a breeze in the air - well the rain didn’t clear for a while & the breeze stepped up to a NE blow not ideal but I was still in the frame of mind we’d all catch, 

I drew 25 all good with me as it’s a nice Silver’s area I set up two silver’s rigs a bomb & margin for the carp as a back up good job as my options we’re starting to run out as I couldn’t catch the Silvers no matter how hard I tried I’m not sure why as they were there on my short line for deffo a bit of head melt tbf to my left it was a empty peg & right was DT then Westy followed by Colesy. George was late to the party as he forgot to set his clocks 🤣🤣🤣 but drew a king of a peg as pictured, he was doing well on the Carp down the edge & short in-front. Yammy was manking after his first put in for a Carp, I heard him say that’s a bad Oman but not for him on this occasion, he was crying I haven’t had a bite for hours for that to change he had all his fish down the edge. 

Bagger Knewll said he forgot his expanders & the tip season was over he was quick off the mark with a carp & another as I could see opposite me. But his tip rod did come out of hibernation.

I chucked out the tip after i realized the Silvers weren’t playing ball with me, for a mahhooossiivveeee Carp that was the only bite I had on the tip, I kept going at the Silvers lines for at 1.30 I went to my left edge the wind now was at full strength I had primed the right but presentation wasn’t good so I abandoned that margin. So S@@t or bust on my left. They weren’t interested I kept swapping hook baits for a Carp & lost three to hook pulls. 

Really frustrating day & if I was honest I didn’t get any form of buzz apart from a migraine. I’ll happily give that session a forget. 


Sedges next week Brick not sure what I’m doing yet so maybe a blog maybe not definitely a sheet tho, see you next time tight lines. 




No comments:

Post a Comment