Sunday 19 March 2023

Shiplate main 19.03.23

 Shiplate Main lake 


This week we’re at the above with a good turn out, 16 keen guys the atmosphere was good everyone was in good spirit & eager to get on to the draw. 

I opted for a short walk in case I had an emergency at home with the wife still recovering from her Op, I drew peg 2 I’ve had this one before a couple of times but can’t get my head around it - it’s a great complex but one I do struggle on for what ever reason I don’t know.  For company I had Gringe on 3 & Westy on 1, I chose to fish for everything that swims for bites.

I had a cold ๐Ÿฅถ wind in my face that went cross directions so the long pole over was out.

I set up a couple of rigs for in front at 12m & an edge rig plus a small bomb rod to go across & search ๐Ÿ‘€ for fish.

The all in at 10 I fed my pole line & chucked the bomb to the island for a Carp within 2 minutes that’s a bad Oman for me that quick it’s like a kiss of death & it was again proven.

Bites were hard to come by a patients game & the same for Westy he had a Carp within seconds on the tip a small cage feeder, he ended up fishing down the edge & catching Silvers.

Gringe was catching on the tip.

I really was scratching around on three lines at 2.20 I was ready to chuck the towel in I grasped at a different feeding pattern threw the bomb out again to let the line settle for another small Carp.

I went back on the pole line it was like flicking a switch they suddenly turned on to the switch in feeding it remained positive for the last 1.5hr to get some sort of respectable weight not enough to frame but if I’d changed a lot earlier well who knows. 


Next week at Trinity to do it all again see you there ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽฃ




No comments:

Post a Comment