Sunday 11 April 2021

Viaduct Campbell 11/04/21

 Viaduct Campbell 


This was our fist visit this year Awsome Venue to say the least one of my favourites I’ve got to say always a pleasure to see Steve Long he’s a great friendly guy. 

After parking up & loading my trolley its great to see the guys & having a giggle, nice to see Brian Chivers - Gringe this week & Graham their first match back. On to the draw - I drew 29 & it was also the Golden peg I thought great I could be on a few as it’s a favoured peg, not for me this week tho. To my right was John Wolstencroft to my left the other side of the spit was Bagger Tony Knewll now he’s quality a very good all rounder. Two pegs down was Kingy & Martin W so at least we’re in for a good days banter I was probably going to go home with a sore neck. I started straight out in front on the tip as there was plenty of carp showing, bit of a mind bender for me do I stick it out on the tip or do I fish for bites after a hard winters night thirty minutes in & nothing to show apart from one liner John however, was straight into a carp on the tip, I sort of thought this ain’t gonna happen for me on the tip & I could see Kingy & Martin straight on the silvers, silvers it is then I went out 12.5 meters with a nugget of Gb & maggots, I left that line to settle for twenty minutes then went on it for a few Ronnies, starting to katy maggots to try & draw fish in with no success I kept banging on this line for a few hours with nothing swapping different hookers. I did do a seven metre line the same but that was the same nothing. Gosh my head was mashed seeing the other guys catching silvers. John was on a pellet wag now think he had one & a couple more on the tip plus foul hooking a few. So let’s prime my margin to the right & start a new line to the left a few feet off the spit that was good for two skimmers & a 12lb carp game over for me. John did say he would have fished that line all day fair play but I’m not sure I would have done any better tbf. I could see Tony catching well, I could also see Nick Selway & Eric they weren’t catching either & plenty of banter was had  🤣🤣🎣. Mike Bendall called by for a quick chat & so did Ross Baker lovely to see those guys as I’ve not seen them for ages. It was a nice day that really did melt my brain but that’s how it goes on these days that’s why we do it 🤪🎣 the lake did fish very hard for most. Great stuff for the guys that caught. Next week we’re at Trinity Woodlands let’s hope for a warm week & few shallow I know I’ll be up against Kingy fishing shallow if conditions allow 😁🎣


No comments:

Post a Comment