Sunday 18 April 2021

Trinity Lakes - Woodlands 18.04.21


 Trinity Lakes - Woodlands 


This week it was one of my favoured Venues but on the flip side how was it going to go ? I had spoken to George Saturday when I saw him in Somerset Angling he said he’d been down there on the Wednesday with Eric & Bagger Knewll & they struggled tbf, hmm. I also spoke to Kingy Saturday evening & it gives me great pleasure to hear him say you’ve mashed my head haha 🤣..

So on to the draw I drew 31 ah defo not the area I would have picked. For company I had Rich Cole’s to my left & Rodgy to my right & Locky on 29. I set up two silver rigs to fish maggots over GB & another to expander over micro at 12m left & right plus a pellet feeder on the tip. The all in was called before I done anything on the silvers lines I went straight out on a shallow rig just to see if I could catch shallow & sure enough I had one straight away, could the writing be on the wall I went back out & another, definitely carp it is unfortunately I lost that one. Silvers rigs binned off. I Carried on with this method all day hooking nine carp & only landing three arrgghh so frustrating. I did chuck the tip out with eight minute intervals between casting just to get some bait out there this was around 35m the tip didn’t move. I also done a margin rig same rig either side but only fished towards the tree which can be quite productive but not today not a bite. We had two new starters John Davies & Darren Vowells, we all welcome you & look forward to competing. I could see Darren catching well shallow long, short & the pellet wag, tidy, he went on to win the match - well done good start. Straight in front of me was Grandpops Pasco he was doing well on the silvers & giving Eric neck ache. The Guru was on the tip & he stayed on it all day to give me my side bet 😁, what I could see on the far side was no one was catching apart from Darren. Tony Fry seemed to be struggling aswell so it was a open playing field by lunch time. Locky went off like a train catching Silvers & kept it going most of the day to win the Silvers, class. Rich Cole’s started catching Silvers but he swaped to the dark side as it wasn’t really happening for him. Shane Western alias Onslo came bank walking talking of nothing happening around the twenty’s so everyone was still in it, well so we thought until the table turned & they started catching especially Kingy & Gringe catching Shallow fair play they done second & third. Hard day for most with a few dnw. Always nice to beat my my mate Martin Western Westy haha 🤣🤣🤣 & winning my side bets 👌

Next week we are at Avalon another Sunday to look forward too until then then tight lines, see you there 😁🎣

No comments:

Post a Comment