Sunday 25 April 2021

Avalon 25.04.21

 This week we were at Avalon great all round venue tbf favoured by most of the club. I arrived at 7.30 to see a big orange digger down in peg 24, they’ve been doing maintenance on the bank & removing trees & building the path, it’s looks awesome but how was that peg going to produce today as it’s known as one of the best pegs on the lake. 

After having a chat with the guys & plenty of banter flying around it was on to the draw, I drew 24 haha 😂 the digger thing.. Well let’s see. Setting up, easy carp out & out, I set up a tip rod for bomb & pellet & two margin rigs, corn over Gb & the other just corn can’t get much simpler than that. The all in was called & I went straight out on the tip to the reed bank on my right, the line didn’t even have time to sink as the rod was bending to a carp, this is a bad Oman to me a fish this quick, I chucked out again & another carp now I’m thinking this could be a good day, I then had another but lost it to a hook pull. I kept on this line until around 12.30. Time for the margins to a carp down my left by the tree. That was it on that line, however, I was swapping margins all afternoon. I saw some signs on my long margin at 3.30 I fed it & went straight on it for a carp in 10 minutes - to little to late really. Kingy was proper struggling all day haha 😂🤣 happens to the best of us, he did hook a couple of lumps & one done him going through the tree. I could here the Guru Tart proper going for it the air was blue he lost eight carp all down the edge. Grandpops Bob came up for a chat saying he couldn’t catch a decent stamp of silvers but I did see his landing net come out a few times. Danny looked to be struggling like all of us, the lake did fish hard today for everyone apart from John Wolvenscroft he won the lake & the golden peg, nice pick up & good angling as always. 

Not much else to say I couldn’t see anyone apart from those I mentioned & it was a tuff going day. 

Just the last thing to finish on - done Westy again luv it 🤣🤣🤣🎣

Next week we’re on Shiplate Kingy’s favourite so I’d amagine he’ll pull that match back until then tight lines & have a great week 😁🎣


No comments:

Post a Comment