Monday 5 April 2021


 First Match back - The Sedges Canal & we basically had a full club turnout, everyone was looking forward to this one with members having plenty of practice. I know of three anyway The Guru Tart, Turtle George & Locky 😁.. 

I got to the Sedges at 7.45 to see a nearly full car park up at the Canal, after some chat with guys I’ve not seen for months it was the draw I drew 56 which I know nothing about same as the venue really as I’ve never been on this lake but I got to say it looked Awsome like the whole venue.

When I got to my peg I could see Nick Selway giving it the large one, take a bow Nicky, Locky was two pegs up Dave Allen to my right the very same as my last match, the Xmas Match & Danny to my left wow I’m up against it 🤪

So I thought I’d do a simple approach 12.5 across to the end of the reeds by the cove, 7 metres down the track & a margin pretty uncomplicated stuff with maggots over GB across then let’s see what happens from there for down the track, the margin I thought just maggots feeding a few all day keeping food going through the layers. The all in I fed maggots & started kattying them as well. 30 minutes in & Danny had some bits thats all, then I had my first carp after introducing a bit of GB excellent I thought then I had another & it shot off doing my hook length, ok I thought I’ll fish like this down the track after 30 minutes I had a cruisian & a skimmer this was tough going everything just stopped but Nick Selway started catching a few & didn’t we have to hear about it 🤣🤣 long story short Locky wasn’t catching neither was Dave Allen & Danny was on a few silvers I had another carp across  & lost two they done my hook lengths. Nothing down the edge.

It was great to be back out seeing all the lads & were all looking forward to doing it again Sunday at Viaduct. 

Well done to all the winners, Have a good week lads tight lines 👍🎣


No comments:

Post a Comment