Monday 27 January 2020

Trinity - 26.01.2020

This weeks gathering was at the popular Trinity, fishing on Woodlands. The last few times weve fished on here t hasnt perfomed, but with the weather being settled for most of the week it had the offering of a few fish being caught. The forcast was not brilliant,  with fine drizzle and heavier rain at around lunch time. That didnt put members off though with 16 being booked in for the day which is a good turnout for this time of year.

I got there nice and early to park in a dry area; however, others had the same idea and there was atleast 8 people there by 7.45. The new Chairmann - The Guru Tart was sporting a new pair of boots that his wife had bought him. To be fair to her, shes got a great sense of humour as they were bright pink to match his pink bobble hat and his pink bait tech groundbait bucket. I think hes finally releasing his feminine side before he actually comes out. Its a trip to Specsavers next for Phil as he swore they were burgandy.

After the customery micky tacking and Danny winding George up over his less than active Canal fishing session on Wednesday (now who doesnt catch fish on the canal) oh - George doesnt, it was time for the draw.

The Guru Tart wanted a close peg as not to get his new boots dirty and drew just over the bridge which is a good silvers peg whilst the rest of us just got on with the day.

Draw as follows

Golden peg 22

1 - Rich Cole
6 - Nige
7 - Kev
8 - Tony Fry
10 - Steve Warren
11 - Dave Allen
12 - Shane
13 - Martin
15 - Tony Newel
22 - Nick Selway
23 - Dave Tungstile
24 - George
25 - Danny
28 - Steve King
28 - Phil
31 - Brian

With the wind blowing into the corner of my peg at the start I was in boyant mood as this swim can produce; however it was did start changing direction through the match. I chose a small cage feed for a short chuck to my right, the a margin rig to the tree stump about 8m to my right and 11m straight infront.

On the all in I put a small ball of ground bait infornt with a few micros and a small pot of maggots to the stmp before starting on the tip. After 30mins nothing on the tip so went staright out in front, after a few shy bite the float went and I hooked into a carp. With the elasting stretching across the lake I managed to get it in a position in front of me before it took off again and then the hook pulled.

After re-feeding and then trying different areas I couldnt get a bite so went over my11m line again to then pick out 6 skimmers. Even thoughI fed the stimp with 3 or 4 maggots all day I coulnt get a bite and finished with barely a pound to my name.

I could see Rich coles opposite me landing a few carp and losing 1 and some looked to be of a decent size. Steve King on 28 caught a few late carp and a few skimmers but I couldnt really see too much else going on around me.

So I wasnt sad to hear the all out shouted as a poor day for me, with the wind and rain blowing into our faces and presentation being made difficut. Looking at the results it has fished hard agin and since the platforms have been removed the fishing on the far side of this lake has not been as successful as once was or is it just the weather putting the fish off

Results

 Overall

1st - Tony Newel       - 41lb - 09 oz
2nd - Rich Coles        - 35lb - 15 oz
3rd - Martin Western - 23lb - 02oz

Silvers

Ist - Steve King           - 14lb - 04 oz
2nd - Danny Donohay - 6lb - 06oz
3rd - Dave Allen         - 4lb - 12 oz

Well done to thsoe who attended today and braved the elements.

Next week is at Shiplate Main

Please remember that pools are now payable by 8.30 and the draw is at 8.45, you need to book in with Steve Warren 07702676869. Please remember to complete membership forms and return to me.






No comments:

Post a Comment