Thursday 2 January 2020

Sedges - Tile 29.12.19

Todays match saw the Club visit the Sedges Fishery on Tile Lake. After a very encouraging turn out for the Christmas Match this was a the other end of the spectrum with only 13 members attending.

I had a knock up on the lake the day before and was encouraged with my haul with about 20lb of silvers and was hoping for a similar feat. The weather was over cast and low winds to start with so a comfortable days fishng ahead although the wind did increase slightly towards the mid afternon.

With only 13 fishing there was plenty of spaces between anglers and those in the corners would have been hoping for a good haul.

Golden peg was drawn and this was 23

Draw as follows

21 - Rich Coles
23 - Steve King
25 - Rich
27 - Danny
28 - Dave Allen
30 - Tony Newell
31 - Eric
33 - Steve Warren
35 - John Bradford
36 - Nige
38 - Dave Tungstill
39 - Martin
40 - Dick

I primed 3 lines today 1 at 13m and 2 to the left and right at 8m with groundbait on 1 line and micros on the others as I did the previous day. On the off I went over the 13m line and had a skimmer about 8oz and then another about a pound. It then went quiet around and I could see others struggling aswell. I went about an hour with no bites rotating on all three lines then I had 3 skimmers of a pound or so in sucssion on the 13m line but then again it went quiet. I couldnt get a bite on my 8m lines for the first 4 hours then I lost a good fish and that seemed to kill the swim. Back on 13m and i had a few little skimmers but nothing to write home about.

Next to me on my right John was struggling big time to get a bite and on my left Dave was potting in buckets of feed and produced a couple of good bream. Maybe that was the order of the day but I kept putting in small cad pots for a few smaller fish.

As the wind increased it was a bit difficult with presentation at 13m so went back to the 8m line but still nothing so I was glad when the all out was called.

Results

Overall

1st - Martin Western - 50lb - 14oz
2nd -Rich Coles - 47lb - 01oz

Silvers

1st - Steve King - 14lb - 14oz
2nd - Steve Warren - 12lb - 08oz

Golden peg was won by Steve King

Wel done to all those who attended even though fishing was fairly difficult.

Next up is Trininty - Woodlands - Please contact Shane or Steve Warren to book your place. 8.30 draw so dont be late

Reminder of AGM on the 17th January at 37 Club - 7.30pm start

Full results below.









No comments:

Post a Comment