Thursday 1 August 2019

Viaduct - 28.07.19

On a really sunny bright morning saw todays gathering of 17 Anglers fishing on the "Scary" Cary Lake which hold a huge amount of large Carp and a good helping of Silvers. As this was my first visit to the fishery I had a wonder around the lake and saw a mass of black shadows all very shallow roaming around the lake. There were a few nice pegs around the lake and some that I could see were going to be shady most of the day but most pegs looked appealing.


A wander back to the hut where I had a look around the shop and a nice cuppa and as Shane was not here today Steve was doing the honours of collecting fees.


Martin took the honours of drawing the pegs and doing the draw and Danny taking the names so a nice team effort to get things rolling.


We had the return of Dettal this week after a few weeks out and a few guest who made the numbers up.


The draw took place and after redrawing the golden peg this was pretty safe as Chairman Kev's peg nos 80 was drawn.


Draw as follows


74 - John Woolenscroft
77 - Eric
78 - Steve
80 - Chairman Kev
81 - Tax Man Brian
85 - Sausage
86 - Malcolm - (Guest)
88 - Tungsten Dave
90 - Lord C
94 - Tony Fry
96 - Dettal
97 - John Bradford
99 - Dave Allen
100 - Mutant George
102 - Me
105 - Mario Tony
109 - Danny


With matches on the other lakes, the room was a bit limited but we all got on with our task in hand. I decided that I was going to target anything today and set up a 9m, 5m, and a margin line for later but also set up the waggler and the tip. Well 30 minutes in and I hadn't had a touch on the waggler so went over on the bomb. After 10 mins the tip went around only for me to land a skimmer to a pound, next cast the same again and same result. Opposite me Eric had a nice tussle with a greedy carp then he lost one or 2. I couldn't get a bite for the next 30 mins so I went on to my 9m line with worm and caught a few blades but couldn't get them to feed with confidence and only small. After 3 hours I went onto 5m line but couldn't get any thing apart from small blades and a perch. For the final hour I went onto corn in the margin over a small pot of micros and landed a nice bream and a couple of skimmer before landing a carp of about 7lb.


 The all out was called and what I felt was a disappointing day was felt by others as the normally high producing weights just hadn't produced.


Results


Overall


1st - Dave Allen - 80lb-14oz
2nd -Tony Fry - 73lb - 05oz
3rd - Eric - 69lb - 15oz


Silvers


1st - Steve - 37lb - 08 oz
2nd - Paul Bowyer - 37lb - 07 oz
3rd - Martin 24lb - 03 oz


Well done to everyone on a hard day and a mention to Dettal who apparently had a bout 30lb of silvers in the net but managed to pack up 1 hour before the all out. I told him to stop buying those Mickey Mouse Watches - now Mickey Mouse has bought a Shaun Larkham Watch.


Until further notice due to Phil "The Guru Tarts" illness, can you contact Shane by Thursday if you want to fish the following Sunday - 07824 812895



No comments:

Post a Comment