Tuesday 23 July 2019

Trinity Waters - 21.07.19

Todays gathering was the ever popular Trinity Waters where I've always managed to do ok for silver fishing. After a nice warm break away in Turkey I returned to what appeared was going to be a pleasant day and hopefully a fruitful one. The lake looked inviting with a slight ripple and some nice colour to it and I thought this could fish well although I wasn't sure what the weather had been like leading up to the weekend.

Another good turn out with 18 anglers in attendance and a few regulars still missing due to illness and other engagements, however the banter still went on even though slightly quieter than normal.

We had the pleasure of the Chairman fishing today looking rather ready for a swimming lesson than an fishing match wearing his swimming shorts and his arm bands just in case.

A great cuppa was swiftly followed by the draw as follows, golden peg was unlucky 13

Peg

2 - John Woolsencroft
3 - Tony Fry
6 - Tax Man Brian
7 - Sharp Shopper Shane
9 - Eric
10 - Me
12 - Mutant George
13 -Tungsten Dave
16 - Sausage
18 - Mario Tony
21 - Locky
22 - Lord C
24 - Rich Coles
25 - Chairman Kev
27 - Danny
28 - Dave Allen
30 - Steve
31- Graham

So I had the pleasure of happy Eric on one side and that little Northerner on the other; however I had a bush on my left so I couldn't see the Bolton Wander bagging all day. I did however have Danny opposite me along with Dave Allen so I knew that they had a couple of good pegs for the silvers and I could have a frustrating day ahead watching them catch. I had worm and caster in my bag for fishing on the car park side and mainly pellets and paste for the side I drew as I thought that this was going to be the carp side. After a few expletives from the little northern one to his "mate" Danny got the crowd going before the all in was shouted.

I did 3 line, 1 at 13m to my left, 1 at about 8m and a margin and I cupped in 2mm at 13m and 6mm at 8mfor fishing paste. I started on pellet on my 13m line and after 2 hours I hadn't had a bite. Slightly earlier than I wanted I went over onto my paste line and after 10mins hooked into a nice ghosty; however just in front of the keep nets there is loads of snags and sharp object and I lot 3 fish in quick succession. Nothing for the next 30 mins so re-fed and back on the 13m line, absolutely nothing and I was wondering if I was going to blank. After a further 30 mins back over the paste and a string of skimmers to about 2lb and a tench and I finished with just shy of 17lb so after a poor start it picked up well. However; to my right,  the normal happy Eric was bagging all day on the tip, but unusually he wasn't his normal singing self but it was a pleasure watching him tip fish.

There was a point when I looked up and saw Kevin asleep and thought to myself he's going to fall in,  then 10  I heard a mass of splashing to think that Kevin would be drowning again, only to be surprised that all the splashing being created was from a small carp.

So the all out was shouted and If I had another 30-60 mins I could have nearly doubled my weight and when I found out others were catching on worm I cursed my chosen options as did Mutant George as he had decided to fish meat rather than worm and caster.

Results

Overall

1st - Eric - 105lb - 03oz
2nd - Dave Allen - 85lb-04 oz
3rd - Lord C - 79lb - 07 oz

Silvers

1st - Rich Cole - 28lb - 12oz
2nd - Danny - 28lb - 04oz
3rd - Locky -23lb - 12oz

Well done everyone for attending and creating a good atmosphere .Next week we are Somerton fishing on "Scary" Cary.

NOTE

Please can you inform TONY FRY if you are to fish the away day at Todbor Manor on 15th September and pay your £10 fee. Tony can be contacted on 07506472745. This needs to be done ASAP


No comments:

Post a Comment