Thursday 28 December 2017

Wednesday 27th December 2017 - Trinity Woodlands

The weather forecast was for snow and strong winds, this obviously had an effect on, what for us, was a very poor turnout, we had just seven.   I pegged the match with comfort in mind, and we were rewarded with sunshine all day.

Tom gave us hot drinks, we made the draw, and sorted the money.   Martin got the golden peg number two, with Danny on four on his left.   I drew nine, which was in the middle of the lake;  I was quite happy.

We started at 9-45.   I shouted all in, and we got underway.   My intention was to catch as close in as possible, with pinkie and maggots over ground bait,  which contained half a pint of caster.   I caught small fish from the off, so my day was a busy one, I did not even have time for a pork pie.   I saw that Nasty Old Sheriff building up weight, but I was determined he would part with his nugget, so it was head down.

John came by saying Martin has three small carp, so that looked like the big five's gone, I hoped the Sausage on peg fifteen could stop him.

At 14-45 I shouted all out, and a pleasant day's fishing came to an end.   Martin, with the help of John and Danny, weighed us in,    Martin won overall, with myself winning silvers.    Full results below.

On Sunday 31st December we return to Emeralds, and our first match to start 2018 is on Wednesday 3rd January at Viaducts Campbell.

Our third A.G.M will take place  on Friday 5th January at the 37 Club at 7-30pm.

                                                 Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment