Thursday 14 December 2017

Wednesday 13th December 2017 - Viaduct Campbell

Here we were again on Viaducts Campbell, and the only cars in the car park were eight belonging to HLS lads, heroes or fools? Judge for yourselves.

Matt was looking after our needs, as his parents are holidaying in warmer climes, most sensible.    The weather forecast was wet with strong  south westerly winds, so I pegged with comfort in mind.   Our expectations were not great, a few fish would have been a bonus!!

I took the money and completed the business, we then did the draw.  I got the golden peg number 129, with Danny to my right 130.   My head said fish shallow after all the cold rain the previous night, but as usual I started on the bottom, thinking I would give it an hour.   In that hour I managed two small roach and a skimmer, which made me continue with it.   Danny was struggling but managed a skimmer and some small roach, plus a perch.

It was not going to take long to weigh in, and when I thankfully called all out, the Big Bird Rob had done George by 3ozs, with a top weight of 7lbs 5ozs.

It was just another of those wonderful days;  blown to bits, soaking wet, with just a few fish.  I just can't wait until Sunday.

It's our Fur and Feather on Sunday next, we meet at the 37 Club for breakfast and the draw, then onto Emeralds for our match.   It will be a good day, with everyone getting a prize, plus a bite to eat.   On my part I look forward to a couple of pints, and some good craic with the lads.

       Next Wednesday it's Sedges Tile.

              Don't be shy, are you mice or men? Stop squeaking!

                                     Chair Bob.

 P.S.  It's the AGM on Friday 5th January 7-30 at the 37 Club.   If you want your say, put it on paper and get it to me by next Sunday.

                                  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment