Thursday 10 December 2015

Wednesday 9th December 2015 - Shiplate Hawthorns

On a cold but pleasant morning 15 men of Dads Army assembled for another match; 15 being the maximum for the lake.

The lads unpacked their gear, and exchanged their usual verbal abuse, then made their way to the shed for the draw, after-which there were some expected moans from quarters not unexpected, these moaners will be put on report.

Again as all were early we advanced the start to 9-45 fishing to 15-00,more grunts!  I drew peg 9 and had no complaints.   Danny was on 10 so I had to work hard.   After shouting out" All In" the match began.   I decided on no ground bait just loose feed with a single maggot on a 20 hook,it wasn't long before I was catching small roach.   As the match progressed it was obvious big weights were not the order of the day, but my fish kept coming slowly with the occasional bonus of a crucian or skimmer.   On a very pleasant day for December I weighed in a respectable 12lbs 1ozs of silvers, which was well in front of Danny's 6lbs.

The rest of the results were as follows:-   Pete (Robot Duck) Cooke 1st Overall  just beating Bolton George who said he had lost five fish, very careless I thought!!!  The full results are below.

Also........

A working party of 3 Danny, George and myself went to Emeralds to make sure you "Lads were all comfy" on the Xmas match. After 3 hours George and I were knackered, and had to restrain Danny who was acting like a demented wasp with his chainsaw.   I reckon GREENPEACE should keep an eye on Danny; he's definitely a threat to the environment.   Danny also took to the water and was much more easy to control .  A good job done.


                               Keep   Fishing,
                                 Bob  

No comments:

Post a Comment