Thursday 24 December 2015

Wednesday 23rd December 2015 - Avalon Fisheries

Final head count at muster was 20,  all raring to do their duty on a venue we had not fished for a while.  After a cold night, and with a chill wind blowing straight down the lake, expectations were not high.   Vic sorted the pegs 1 to 23, and the draw was made.   The lads made their way to their positions, and readied for the off.   After three trips from the car park to my peg 21, I was feeling k'kd. so when I bellowed all in at 10-00 I was nowhere near ready.    I decided to start on the maggot feeder and the 11 metre pole line as the wind was too strong for this old soldier to manage further out.    After 21/2 hours and 1/2lb of small fish, I put all that gear to one side, and fished the margin.   This produced some more very small fish, and a very large tench which I lost at the net, I guess back to the drawing board!!!

       The weigh in was done by Vic, and the weights told the story;  a struggle from start to finish.

        1st Overall              Mike Davis                          18lbs 11ozs
        2nd   "                    Rob Eagles                         10bs  12ozs

        1st Silvers              Mike Bendell                         6lbs  5ozs  
        2nd   "                   Dave Tunstall                         6lbs  4ozs
       


                                                       Chair Bob



       MATCH WEDNESDAY 30TH DECEMBER AT VIADUCTS CAMPBELL  DRAW 09-00


No comments:

Post a Comment