Thursday 3 December 2015

Wednesday 2nd December 2015 - Viaduct Spring lake

Another good muster on a very good day weatherwise, I can't believe it's December.  The final count was 18 fine bodied men all geared up, paid up and impatient to make the draw   After the usual banter with Badger Steve and the new streamline Nick Collins, I relieved Steve of the peg numbers, and business commenced.  The draw was made; I drew peg 3, which I was informed should fish well.  Because we had not fished Spring before, there were no complaints from anyone except Bolton George, there's a surprise!!!

I set up two rigs, one for out in front, the other for inside shallow, hoping for the resident perch.  Horney Beards tooted to start us going.   I potted in a small amount of bait and started lowering my rig which continued under the water, when I lifted, a small roach appeared out of the depths, and promptly fell off to go back home.   This was how my day continued, drop offs, snags, and primarily interfering ducks.   I thought the ducks and myself were becoming a personal thing,  I baited up the ducks dived in and ate it, no contest, the ducks won every time!!  I had a very frustrating day, but at the weigh in had a respectable 13lbs 11ozs of silvers.

Bolton George, from his rubbish peg won with 21lbs 2ozs fishing top two, not bad.   Danny was second with 19lbs 2ozs.   Surprisingly there was only a single carp caught all day, and this was half and hour before the end by a very layed back Martin Coombs.

Everyone enjoyed their fishing to various degrees, and the results were quite close, the full results can be seen below as usual.

Next Wednesday we are fishing at Shiplate on Hawthorns, only 15 to fish, so get in quickly!!!

                                            Look forward,

                                                      Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment