Thursday 31 December 2015

Wednesday 30th December 2015 - Viaduct Campbell

What a day!!! 50mph winds and rain you do not want to remember.   Eleven very brave lads of Dads Army knowing what to expect, turned out to tackle a very difficult match.   Badger Steve opened the cafe room, and sorted out the peg numbers for the club.  I marked off the names, took the money, then made the draw, asking forgiveness and a low number draw please.

My prayer was answered, I drew peg 112, which was a bit exposed but the wind was on my back.   Nothing fancy today; fished short, feed steady, and hope for skimmers and tench; neither species decided to visit my swim, just a fair amount of small roach and some large carp, which in the process of landing of these I managed to loose a No.3 pole section in the lake.   Danny, being an expert retriever, found and recovered it at the end of the match.   Thank you very much Danny.  

At 3-00 o'clock I shouted all out, and the weighing began.   Roger first at peg 110 with 89lbs of  carp, a good start, but not good enough as you will see on the complete results sheet at the end.

Unfortunately there was a downside to what I thought was a good day, showing the spirit and strength of HLS in really adverse conditions.    The most important consideration of all anglers, whether match or pleasure fishing, should be the fish.   Not for the first time we had an overloaded keepnet.   The fishery rules are very clear about this, and when Steve phoned and gave me very severe earache, I assured him this would not happen again.   His response was,  that re-occurrence would mean our club would not be welcome at Viaducts, a sentiment which in his position I must endorse.  "NO ONE WANTS DEAD FISH"   Let's resolve and put this one behind us at the AGM on Friday 8th January .

Next its Sedges Brick where we have a full lake with reserves, then at Emeralds on Wednesday next week.


                            Looking forward to the week ahead


                                                     Chair Bob 

No comments:

Post a Comment