Friday 9 October 2015

7th October 2015 - Sedges Brick Lake

15 of F Troop lined up on the banks of Brick Lake at  Sedges Fishery.  8 lucky ones drew pegs between 1 and 10 so had the wind at their backs, myself being one of them on peg 4.Next to me on peg 3 was Mike Bendell, a very good silvers angler, while Pete (robot duck) Cooke was drawn on the fancied peg 8. On the far side pegs 11 to 20, the lads set up and snugged down trying to keep warm the best they could.   Phil the Horn tooted and things got  underway, my start was very slow, and it wasn't long before I lost my best rig to a big 'scaley', followed by a lot of cussing and swearing.  Mike on peg 3 was catching steadily, while denying he had more than 2 fish!!! But I knew better.   Across the lake Stan "dog end" Butt was catching carp, as was Phil on peg 19.  Danny next up was shivering away wishing he wasn't fishing at all, but everyone was catching fish.
At the weigh in, starting at peg 20 "backwards as usual" Stan weighed in some lumps for 77lbs 2oz to win overall, with Phil on peg 19 second with 57lbs 6ozs.   The silvers was taken by Robot Duck Cooke with 24lbs  2ozs, with myself pushing Pete close with 23lbs 10ozs on peg 4, and Mike on peg 3 with 21lbs 4ozs.

Good Luck

Chair Bob          

01278683243  

No comments:

Post a Comment