Monday 6 February 2023

Covey 05.02.23

 Covey Match Canal 


So this week we stopped off at the above with a good turn out compared to the last time we were here.

This week we had 16 & quite rightly so as this is a good venue well kept & loads of fish - F1’s normal Silvers plus the odd Chubb & Barbel chucked in the mix. 

Unfortunately this is are last one here until next winter 🥶.

On to the draw I was one of the last to draw & I had peg 2 not a good peg tbf in the winter but ok in the summer I’d imagine. 

For company I had Bagger Allen to my left same as last time but the right & Gringe Chivers to my right one up on the left was Si Gardner so I’m up against two quality guys. 

Bagger done me last time here by a lb or so payback could be on the cards. 

I luv this time of year pritty basic stuff so feeding is key. 

I felt quite penned in today with no margin either so longish across for two swims & a short swim, my thoughts were let’s do one swim at a time & try & work it out a bit 

I did notice yesterday how many guys we’re using the Des Ship F1 floats there were loads of them I was using a faithful Tom Hardy Shannti’s I’ve got a lot of confidence in these however I had a tray of Des Ship floats aswell Maggot & F1. 

I think I’m going on a bit well that’s just to fill the gaps 🤣 so the all in was 10 & finish at 3, it was quite a confident start bagger was straight in to a F1 & then Si, I heard Westy shout up writings on the wall I didn’t feel right to let that happen after last time, so I got my head down & started to catch some F1’s my line started to get strong but there were no patterns.

I started to feed my short line as I had no margin but after looking a few times nothing I also did another long line but Zilch just the one line - shit you can’t keep going at the same hole in the winter especially when things are hard. 

True to the words I wore my swim out after 1pm I couldn’t get a bite anywhere it started to get proper cold with the wind so I got fed up at half two & called it a day I couldn’t see anything happening apart from getting my kit back in the van quicker lol 😂 plus I helped Danny with the weigh-in. 

I knew I’d done ok so I was looking forward to putting my catch on the scales for 2nd Silvers Si had done me but the most important thing in my head was to do Bagger Allen. Talking of Baggers - Bagger Knewll does it again 💪 well done to everyone it was an ok day with no crappy wet conditions. 



As you at Avalon 🎣


No comments:

Post a Comment