Monday 27 February 2023

26.02.23 Woodlands

 Woodlands 


First match back for me for a couple of weeks due to work & things so I was looking πŸ‘€forward to this week. A chat with Locko in the week about how it would go plus tactics. 

Before I’d got there I had my plan in my head for Silvers I thought this was the way to go as I felt the the Carp were still balled up in the lake so to land on them could be a lottery, I was the first one there far to early lol πŸ˜‚ 

I am going to put this out there and have a moan - why are we fishing to 15.30 / 16.00 hrs the club rules state winter fishing times are 10.00 - 15.00hrs the times change when the clocks change then we go to 16.00 I mentioned it to Tony Fry & he didn’t know either but was in agreement that 15.00hrs is far sufficient on days like yesterday !!! 

The car Park started to fill - 18 booked on for today as always this venue is a favorite with the guys, payouts today were also very good Top four on both πŸ˜ƒ

I hung it out on the draw I wanted the near bank but with the wind & temperature the far side was more inviting, I drew 13 Not a good peg in the winter, Locky was on 14 & Rob on 12 Simon Gardner on 11 & Bagger Allen on 15 what a line up. 

The all in at 10, I fed my l2m line & then went out on the cage feeder, I was getting liners straight away & Locky saying the same I then hooked a Skimmer & that was it on that after probably an hour onto my pole lines.

I was getting bites but only small fish Bagger was hanging it out on corn & expanders for a better stamp & he was getting them, I haven’t got the patience & confidence what can I say that’s why he’s called Bagger lol πŸ˜‚ 

I then had some elastic come out for better Skimmer nothing much but better than I’d been having then a Perch I’m still scratching but it’s a bonus. 

It was a hard day & I stuck to my guns it’s not the style fishing I like hard work for 5.14 for 3rd what could I have done differently sat on corn or expander I spose 

Well done to all the framers πŸ‘πŸ»


This week we’re at Summerhayes plenty of spaces to book in


No comments:

Post a Comment