Monday 3 October 2022

Landsend 02.10.22

 Landsend Lake 2 


So this week we at the above, Locko & Rich Coles have taken this week off to fish the festival at Sedges after a quick catch up last night Locky & Richie had won 🏆 for the second year in a row, well done boys, Legends 😁

So I was the first to arrive with Guru turning up next, the weather was awful P@@@ing it down but set to clear up for 10 o’clock. In the car park I was chatting to John W he was telling me about how he can’t get to grips with hard pellet fishing 🎣 also Ducky was telling Guru how he was gonna do him this week on the Silvers & true to his word he did lol 😂 well I think he done us all, not surprising after he was there yesterday & he knew what to expect - which leads me on to this..

When me & Stan went down to the lake to our surprise it was less than half full, I said not for me I’m going but I didn’t, we only had around 18” of water maybe 2ft at best & I mean best, you’d get a nose bleed sat on the platforms they were that far up. 

So on a more positive note the sun was set to come out & it’ll be a nice day no matter what yeah no matter what 😳

I drew 24, Great - run to that one as any Angler that fishes for Carp would do on its day it’s a Flyer, to my left was Stan & Fletch nice line up really across was Simon Gardner which worked in my favor as I could probably read my peg by his & he’s good Angler to follow. 

So my eggs are in one basket Carp with a Silvers line just in case, Carp lines are easy long down the right margin where the Carp live & a Carp line to the vacant platform next to me. 

I never thought the weather was going to play such a big part in my match ? The sun never really got to me so my peg was in the shade all day, I went out first on the Silvers line as I was waiting for my Carp lines to go I had a Tench then a F1 & another but I made the Cardinal Sin of my Carp Lines god knows why but I concentrated on them all day even tho the Silvers line was producing I don’t know what was in my head apart from a carp peg, I was hooking Carp most of the day but foul hooking due to well I don’t know Simon was struggling & Stan was having a few then I had a run hooking them in the mouth then back to foul hooking again, the air wasn’t blue it was black. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing I should have gone for Silvers it was ok I briefly went on it during the day & probably chucked 8lb back tbf, I was the last to be weighed in, I couldn’t be bothered I chucked back my Carp I was out of it anyway, the weather was my enemy today no sun 🌞 on the water so it was cold 🥶 & so was I. 

On to the next see you at Summer Hayes Longs I believe 🎣🎣


No comments:

Post a Comment