Sunday 21 August 2022

Avalon 21.08.22

 Avalon 

Today we’re at the above & a great turn out.

I parked the van up to see Locko Matrix Tony & Guru a fine body of men. Paid my do’s & had a chat with the guys, the lake looked great & the weather was set for perfect conditions for plenty of bites. 

It’s a heavy time for me the 6 weeks holiday when my business peaks so 15hr days are the norm, prepping is tough but I do my best.

So to the draw I was the first one in & looked at 43 I’ve never been up this end of the lake so all good, my preparation was limited so I worked with what I had, I tried to keep things very simple - Conker to the island one silvers line & a carp line & a slapping rig.

For company I had Stan to my right & Grandad Pascoe to my left just past them seem to be a good line up of Silvers Anglers Fletch & Rob down running on my right was Sausage John Davies, another good line up. 

On the all in I thought I’ll watch & feel my way in, best way to do this was on the tip & go from there. This was quite productive but only small stockies tbf that lasted about an hour. I fed my carp line the same time as my silvers lines to keep every option open. The carp line wasn’t doing anything & the tip had died. Ok let’s concentrate on the Silvers, I could here Grandad P struggling for bites & Fletch didn’t seem to be on fire πŸ”₯ I was getting bites but they weren’t positive actually quite finicky but it was improving over time, sure enough it did it wasn’t rocking the world but it was slow & steady. 

I did start to have a bit of banter with Grandad Pascoe & George would pipe up every now & a good glow in the air. I luv it when I say Skill School & Grandad P was the receiver today. I was gob smacked when Danny drove by he’d packed up & given his nugget to Fletch then Colin Lambert drove by aswell wow that’s two ticked off the list. Word was coming up the bank that everyone was struggling one way or another so I thought just keep your head down & keep going πŸ˜ Stan was having sperts of carp then Rob Eagle had packed up. He said to me just keep going - sound advice from a very experienced angler. 

The all out was called so what had I done Locky came up through with the scales to admit to 12lb he was joint 2nd with Fletch & I’d done the Silvers I was over the moon on a tricky day to say the least. 


Great day see you on all in 2 weeks tight lines πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸŽ£



No comments:

Post a Comment