Sunday 17 July 2022

Shiplate Hawthors 17.07.22

 Shiplate Hawthorns 


The weather was going to be a savage heat today talking of temperatures at 30* was it going to fish πŸŸI didn’t think so but I was looking forward to a day on the bank with the guys πŸ˜πŸŽ£

I had a chat with Locko on Saturday he was buzzing after coming back from a couple days in brum at Woodlands he had some tips given to him from Andy May so he had his bagging head on πŸ’ͺ🎣 & sure enough he didn’t disappoint. On arrival me & Locky walked the Hawthorn bank loads of carp up in the water as you’d expect I wanted 9 or 10 they looked good, well good enough for me ha, as we walked back I saw another one of my mates Tich Williams he gave us a couple of pointers as this is his local but not so much Hawthorns 

I paid my dues to Westy he’s doing a cracking job I’ll be the first to say it buddy your a star ⭐️ we’d be lost without you & I’m sure everyone would agree it costs nothing to say sometimes guys a Thankyou it goes along way infact there’s a few names that wouldn’t hurt to show your appreciation too… πŸ˜πŸ‘

Right let’s get on with the fishing πŸŽ£ hmm not sure I should be writing this one as it wasn’t the best day Ive had, but anyway, 

I drew peg 6 yeah looked ok nice length across two margins that looked like they could hold fish. My out look was maggots shallow across & flicking maggots I thought that might be the way ahead? I did set up a tip rod but didn’t want to get on it. 2X2 meat shallow & on the deck & corn down the edge with meat, I had a couple of foul hookers across & that was that nothing on the short line & nothing down the edge I kept swapping top kits most of the day shallow & deck for nothing. Strange really there were fish everywhere fishing never stops to surprise me you’d think there - there why can’t I can catch them that was the case today, I got a paste rig out done some paste for down the edge but still nothing !!! John W was next to me on 7 he struggled for quite a while he then said I got a plan nothing really happened then he said I got a plan & started to catch well on paste shortish he was fishing a good match he was on them & his line was getting stronger he did foul hook a few as I could hear him cussing lol πŸ˜‚ he seemed to be having a run with Bagger Newell they were going for it both on the paste. I still couldn’t get a bite lol πŸ˜‚ WTF πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ I picked up the tip rod & started on a small method which was ok I should have done it a couple of hours earlier for a run of small carp, it was quite enjoyable really but there was a complication Ducks πŸ¦† & Ducklins that kept going in the bay I was chucking in & they weren’t in any hurry to move, so there’s my day. 

Well done to all the winners on a very hard hot day πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ🎣🎣

Landsend next week I believe check your sheet to confirm & book-in if you haven’t. See you there. Tight lines πŸ˜πŸ’ͺ🎣 


No comments:

Post a Comment