Sunday 10 July 2022

10.07.22 Avalon

 Avalon this week for us 


So how was it going to go ? there was mixed feelings at the pre draw Rob bagger Silvers Eagle said it could go one way or the other, Fletch said he was there Friday & it fished its socks off he emptied it of the silvers, only time will tell.

We had plenty of club members there today & we’re on the road side the weather was hot 🥵 hot hot 🥵 luckily enough I drew 41 good peg & in the shade the only down side I think was all open water so it could be tricky. 

My table was set gas mark 5 for all out carp, pellet wag with a 6g to a 10ft Preston Ignition, bomb was a 15” banded pellet which I should have changed to a meat rig in hindsight as I only had one carp all day on this method - but I sort of new it with the open water. I done a few top kits shallow & deck to only catch skimmers but quality skimmers at that 😁💪

For company it was class with bagger Allen & top silvers Sausage Bowyer 😁 on each side. My edge rig was deep & I didn’t hold much hope. Long story short the short fig was ok up to about 12.30 then it went to rats couldnt get a bite for luck infact bites were hard to come by all afternoon I ended up chucking back around 15lb ish plus a couple of small carp. Sausage decided to pack up early & I followed him. Bagger Allen was slow & steady his patience is second to none he was all out silvers, he’s class, I could see Tony Newell having a few on the paste long I think paste anyway that’s all I could see. Yammy drove by early so he blew out today on a early home time. I went up & seen Kingy - King of all draws & he was on them with the pellet wag & mugging as he seen fit. Fletch seem to be on a few - legend that man I luv him plus he’s my neighbor 😁 I done a couple of photos one of  Bagger Allen wrestling with his Brolly trying to land a fish, what was all that about ha 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Next week we’re on Hawthorns Shiplate there was one space left so if you haven’t booked it’ll be get in quick. I may have a practice there in the week but if the temperature keeps going up I probably won’t lol 😂 me & Kingy we’re already chatting how we’re going to attack so it maybe a good day - let’s hope so but tbf it’s always a good day with the guys 😁😁👍🎣





No comments:

Post a Comment